Author Topic: 101 Ways to Destabalize the Northern Astroist Federation  (Read 79023 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Hey! Go start a new thread entitled "1001 Ways to Destabilize the Maroccidens"!
It seems like talking about the northern theocracies drinking tea with each other instead of killing each other just wasn't interesting enough.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
101 ways to kill Glaumring's noble Glaumring

101 ways to be awesome by Glaumring , starring special guest star Bowie Ironsides and the singing sensation Chenier.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
It seems like talking about the northern theocracies drinking tea with each other instead of killing each other just wasn't interesting enough.

Exactly why we need this thread!  ;D

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Like I said before 'In with a bang , out with a whimper' SA is Dwilights very own Soviet empire.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Gustav Kuriga

And Golden Farrow is finally nearing max population, meaning mad amounts of gold to whoever Gustav wishes to support. ^_^

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I find that, for a thread about SA, this thread lacks doves and flowers.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
They aren't really, Hireshmont just sent Kale a pretty bristly letter actually. It just happens that their motives are aligning in this case or something. Either Hireshmont thinks Phantarian ownership of Chesney is better for him/Terran/the Church than D'Haran, or he's trying to get back on Kale's good side, or he just likes arguing with Machiavel (most likely case).

*facepalms*

People are really so cynical.

Could it be, just maybe, Hireshmont is doing exactly what I've literally always RP'd him as doing: being an idealistic stickler for laws and principles?

He doesn't give a darn about what's good for Kale or Terran or D'Hara or Machiavel's paranoia-of-the-week. He cares about the fact that he wrote the gosh-darned treaty and people are messing up his art. There is a right moral order to the universe which should be followed, and Hireshmont is the kind of person to want to see it done.

People are so quick to see politics. I'm playing a lawful good character, folks: have been for several years now in this case. His cause has changed once or twice when it had to, but his personality and methods haven't.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
*facepalms*

People are really so cynical.

Could it be, just maybe, Hireshmont is doing exactly what I've literally always RP'd him as doing: being an idealistic stickler for laws and principles?

He doesn't give a darn about what's good for Kale or Terran or D'Hara or Machiavel's paranoia-of-the-week. He cares about the fact that he wrote the gosh-darned treaty and people are messing up his art. There is a right moral order to the universe which should be followed, and Hireshmont is the kind of person to want to see it done.

People are so quick to see politics. I'm playing a lawful good character, folks: have been for several years now in this case. His cause has changed once or twice when it had to, but his personality and methods haven't.

Are you trying to tell me people can have innocent motives in this game? Lies!!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

Are you trying to tell me people can have innocent motives in this game? Lies!!

Lies!

And I'm really rushing too much to write my responses... Super busy these days, and then I look back at stuff and I'm like "Okay, did I really say it like that...?"

The way Machiavel sees it, D'Hara and Barca are treaty-bound to protect Chesney. Article C)iii. is clear. There's no article that states anything about a city being uncited should X condition occur. The Old Republic tasked D'Hara and Barca with the protection of their city. If anyone wants to continue the legacy of the Old Republic, than they too must recognize that D'Hara and Barca are tasked with protecting Chesney, and that only an amendment to the treaty can be ratified to remove the citation.

Thus, Phantaria could (via their Diet), among a number of other things, recognize the 'moot's obligations to defend Chesney and ask to be considered as sole legitimate successor to the Old Republic (both go hand in hand), and then ask to join the 'moot and get stewardship of Chesney or ask to terminate their membership in the 'moot and cede stewardship of Chesney. Or think out of the box, and propose something completely different.

But there's so many simultaneous issues that need to be addressed. You can't just pick one issue at a time anymore, a global solution needs to be presented to be voted upon.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I have just witnessed the most awesome speech I have ever seen:

Good people of the realm,

Your letters have reached me in the dead of night, dark words rousing me from dreams of merry-making. I have not been here long, yet I am not blind to the recent fiasco that transpired as a starving, broken city wailed for help. How, swift as by magic, the realm of said city turned theocratic, and through continuous levering and most likely the right words in the right ear started a crusade.

As such the power-spiel commenced, the city was freed of starvation, as the majority of the theocracy bent to the will of the few, like the puppets of old. I feel that the bloodstars have no want for corruption and had never intended their faith to be wielded by whim of corrupt hand.

I am no mans puppet or fool and share little love for the southerners, or their wine. I agree with what has been said in your letters, good Ser ***** and Lady ******, you give words to many a feeling. However, I also wish to say the wrath of the church leaves want for caution.

This being said, I do stand by the King and Niselur.
May the stars lend us knowledge through meditation,

To think that this man was considering quitting a day ago.  If I had such skill I could conquer all of Dwilight.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Telamon

• Knight
    • View Profile
Frostwood,

Who's speech is this? I like it very much.
Lewis Therin (Phantaria) – Lanfear (Fronen) – Ishmael (Adventurer/Phantaria)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
A newish player, by the name of Rannekk MIllannon. Not only it was a good letter, but more importantly, the new ones are speaking up and actually participating! Yay!
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Astro Sunni and Astro Shiit split incoming.

*grabs popcorn*

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Hum, I will need to see this :)
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Astro Sunni and Astro Shiit split incoming.

*grabs popcorn*
mmm.... something better and more practical....
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)