Author Topic: 101 Ways to Destabalize the Northern Astroist Federation  (Read 80114 times)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
What about Barca?  :'(

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Interesting after all this Barca is the one that survived where Terran did not.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Interesting after all this Barca is the one that survived where Terran did not.

The offspring often outlives the parent!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
The offspring often outlives the parent!
Especially when it sits out the war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
My best ally wouldn't put my realm in such a position of vulnerability without even consulting me first.

Had Phantaria called your bluff, and Morek been forced to punish either Phantaria or Niselur-Libero, who'd be backing that D'Hara-Luria Nova peace treaty? Alice just learnt that Morek was still pledging to militarily defend D'Hara if Luria Nova chose to break it, which she was getting ready to do...

Yea, my best ally would put us alone against the forces of Aurvandil, Phantaria (kinda), Saffalore, Falkirk (kinda), and Luria Nova. Totally. My best ally would also totally usurp traditional 'moot territory to place a foreign-backed non-republic on our doorstep. He'd also create a useless tension among the realms of the region, when really what we'd truly need to is bring everyone back together to KO the weakened states of Aurvandil and Falkirk.

But yea, sure, go ahead and claim that...

I said your best ally. I didn't say a good ally. I just said your best one.

Besides, just because Hireshmont likes D'Hara doesn't mean he agrees with Machiavel on what's best for D'hara. Machiavel is a paranoid racist. Hireshmont isn't.

Yeah sure if Phantaria had called the bluff there might have been an issue. But wait! They didn't! And they weren't going to!

Machiavel betrayed Hireshmont first; he's getting what he deserves by seeing his political ambitions problematized. Besides, D'hara is stronger than it's ever been, and Terran's interposition between D'Hara and Phantaria protects D'Hara from the real expansionist threat: a reborn Terran under Phantarian leadership.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
...Terran's interposition between D'Hara and Phantaria protects D'Hara from the real expansionist threat: a reborn Terran under Phantarian leadership.

I want what you're smoking.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
By "real threat" I meant "real threat from the west." Obviously Phantaria wouldn't be a threat compared to LN or Aurvandil: but D'Hara's hold on Larur and Odona would not be tolerated by Phantaria.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
By "real threat" I meant "real threat from the west." Obviously Phantaria wouldn't be a threat compared to LN or Aurvandil: but D'Hara's hold on Larur and Odona would not be tolerated by Phantaria.

Hey, maybe the D'Harans can get their own Crusade!  ::)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Sure, they just need to convert to a theocracy first.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
My best ally wouldn't put my realm in such a position of vulnerability without even consulting me first.

Had Phantaria called your bluff, and Morek been forced to punish either Phantaria or Niselur-Libero, who'd be backing that D'Hara-Luria Nova peace treaty? Alice just learnt that Morek was still pledging to militarily defend D'Hara if Luria Nova chose to break it, which she was getting ready to do...

Yea, my best ally would put us alone against the forces of Aurvandil, Phantaria (kinda), Saffalore, Falkirk (kinda), and Luria Nova. Totally. My best ally would also totally usurp traditional 'moot territory to place a foreign-backed non-republic on our doorstep. He'd also create a useless tension among the realms of the region, when really what we'd truly need to is bring everyone back together to KO the weakened states of Aurvandil and Falkirk.

But yea, sure, go ahead and claim that...

Does Chenier really think the Elders consider things like this when they deliberate? There are many reasons why some Elders have reason to doubt the crusade but D'Hara's secular concerns really aren't one of then- it's not even on Constantine's radar and he's probably the "most D'Haran" Elder there.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

That would not go over well.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

If D'Hara credibly committed to theocratic reforms, Hireshmont would be honor-bound to advocate for crusades on their behalf.

I estimate the likelihood of D'Hara becoming a theocracy as very, very low.

Zakilevo

Well that Terran Crusade ended without any big battles. That sucks...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You should call crusades closer to home so you can have some action before they surrender.