Author Topic: Funniest realm names (past, present, or future)  (Read 13601 times)

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
I personally thought 'Light of Fountain' was a pretty stupid name.

Though I don't see why people are complaining about names taken from novels - half of the regions in BM are named after Lord of the Rings cities/regions/etc. The rest are vague references to Star Wars and Warhammer.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
There's also a Mountain Dew reference and several country singers.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
What if I named a realm Atlantis....

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Remember what happened to the South Islands?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
There's also a Mountain Dew reference and several country singers.
Its not a mountain Dew reference, its Matt Andrews or something like that. I believe he is one of the map designers for the Dwilight map. I only vaguely remember it but someone else, one of the people who told me, could certainly correctly me if I am wrong somewhere in what I said.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Considering there was an Avalon?

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Its not a mountain Dew reference, its Matt Andrews or something like that. I believe he is one of the map designers for the Dwilight map. I only vaguely remember it but someone else, one of the people who told me, could certainly correctly me if I am wrong somewhere in what I said.

I'll give you that one. But Faithhill? Kid's Rock? Chesney? God I hate country!

Gustav Kuriga

Bet you it's both.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Not sure about Summerdale, but D'Hara is just the most blatant attempt I've personally seen to gratuitously bring a fictional kingdom from outside BM into BM. Not just the name, but the position titles were copied directly from Terry Goodkind's books (which, while I like the first one, do not improve as they go along, which is probably part of my objection).

I did my best to remove the Confessor title, Pretty much all of them, actually, but they stuck.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile

I actually think that is an awesome name :D But it should be used to a realm placed in a suitable location. Somewhere in the middle of the sea or surrounded by mountains. Basically somewhere not very accessible. Like where D'Hara, Swordfell, Coralynth or Obsidian Islands are.

EDIT: But then again, it might not be too good with all the preconceived notions that exists in a name like that.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:01:53 PM by Kain »
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Considering there was an Avalon?

And guess what?

Now Avalon is beneath the wave.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Elroy

Though I don't see why people are complaining about names taken from novels - half of the regions in BM are named after Lord of the Rings cities/regions/etc. The rest are vague references to Star Wars and Warhammer.

+1

As far as funny realm names..."Sertraline" was once a realm on Atamara.  Sertraline is the generic name of the anti-depressant Zoloft.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
And guess what?

Now Avalon is beneath the wave.
Avalon is Atlantis! :o

Eirikr

Nobody has said Rieleston yet? I cracked up for a good five minutes when they founded it.

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
When riombara lost the war, fronen will created new realm ; Froneo, Frorines, or Fromore  :)