6 (12.8%)
Enweil
1 (2.1%)
Riombara
27 (57.4%)
Draw
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Enweil & Ally vs Riombara  (Read 65333 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: Enweil & Ally vs Riombara
« Reply #165: July 30, 2013, 05:21:59 AM »
heh, yeah bad Ar Agyr.. probably drawing the entire north into a war with their demands that Fronen let them pass through their lands instead of hopping on boats.

Good, my Eagles need a workout.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: July 30, 2013, 06:18:35 AM »
Velax, are you in Beluaterra now? I thought you were in Cathay?

I'm not in Beluaterra or Cathay. Just interested as to the proof behind the claims Terises is making. Every man and his cat can say "My realm is better than all these others!" But if you're going to make those claims, you should be able to back it up.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: July 30, 2013, 06:56:03 AM »
OO is oldskool man, "When i was a young man, there were no boats which could carry troops, only nobles and even then they moved just to another continent!"

I think Ar Agyr's plan is not only attack Enweil, but also help Rio by taking Fronen off from war... that prolly has greater impact than Ar Agyrs Navy wandering on the coast...

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: July 30, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »
Whether Fronen is better than other realms depends on what you're looking for. It doesn't have many RP messages but the realm is set for lots of fighting both now and in the future.But, this thread is about the southern war. If people want to hear more about it let's move it to another thread.

That is one aspect..:-D

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: July 30, 2013, 02:55:43 PM »
I think Ar Agyr's plan is not only attack Enweil, but also help Rio by taking Fronen off from war... that prolly has greater impact than Ar Agyrs Navy wandering on the coast...

-Jaune

Just say that if Ar Agyr really want to war with Fronen... With only 9 noble, what can you do? Buying food..? Fronen have thousand bushel of food to be sell now..
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170: July 30, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »
What Ar Agyr really want is to see Enweil suffer... well, not sure if thats what Ar Agyr wants, thats what OO wants :)

Ar Agyr is not that much wanting to war with Fronen, it just want Fronen away to help Enweil and give free passage to Ar Agyr to march against Enweil. Pretty much what OO said. Ofcourse AA is ready to have fight too. We aint able to beat Fronen... for now, but atleast we will tie up some of their forces and reduce pressure on Rio side.

-jaune

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: April 11, 2014, 02:47:04 PM »
57 000 + 28 000 + 15 000 = 100 000 CS

vs

10 000 CS
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: April 11, 2014, 03:34:28 PM »
Thats music to my ears :)
Enweil is finally going to get wiped off from map! :)

But gotta admit, not much of a fight here. Were hoping to see Nothoi jumping in and thus causing wider conflict.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: April 11, 2014, 03:59:45 PM »
Hope you enjoy the starvation.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #174: April 11, 2014, 05:07:53 PM »
We gave Rines a tummy tuck so now we can feed Fheuv. :P

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: April 11, 2014, 05:42:20 PM »
Meanwhile the Enweilian slave-people suffer the harsh rule of their new Thalmar overlords!

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: April 13, 2014, 11:29:09 AM »
57 000 + 28 000 + 15 000 = 100 000 CS

vs

10 000 CS

Lol.  100k cs? I thought u only exaggerate IC which is fun to have. Didn't know OOC too. Haha.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: April 13, 2014, 05:13:08 PM »
Actually its roughly true....if you count all militias: 10k against 100k.

Still, think of it this way: Guillaume managed to aggravate, betray, shortchange and outright lie to enough people that ALL those came to kill him. I (as player) think that if Guillaume would not have rejoined Enweil then it would have had a good chance of survival. With him as de-facto Enweils leader...very little. My char Sassan is having a rage-fit each time Guillaumes name is mentioned...

Note that I as player heartily applaud Guillaumes achievement. There are far to many more-or-less honorable do-gooders (like Sassan) and too few villains.

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: April 13, 2014, 08:15:12 PM »
Have you ever met a Himoura?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: April 13, 2014, 11:19:18 PM »
Actually its roughly true....if you count all militias: 10k against 100k.

Still, think of it this way: Guillaume managed to aggravate, betray, shortchange and outright lie to enough people that ALL those came to kill him. I (as player) think that if Guillaume would not have rejoined Enweil then it would have had a good chance of survival. With him as de-facto Enweils leader...very little. My char Sassan is having a rage-fit each time Guillaumes name is mentioned...

Note that I as player heartily applaud Guillaumes achievement. There are far to many more-or-less honorable do-gooders (like Sassan) and too few villains.

I had honestly forgotten about the betrayal of Melhed, I was clueless as to why the heck they were there. That's how insignificant that treason had been, from my perspective. With hindsight, I should have either not done any harm to Melhed, or done a lot more. The Prince had it right. A small betrayal will piss off as much as a big one, so if you are to betray, you make as well make it bad enough that they can't get revenge. Draining all of Melhed's food might have given Fronen enough of an edge to win. My bad. :/

As for Riombara, they declared war on Enweil when Guillaume was a noble of Melhed. There's really no reason to believe that Riombara would ever stop attacking Enweil. Guillaume might have brought one more enemy to Enweil, but he also managed to make it survive that long despite the odds. Riombara and Enweil had a history that predates Guillaume significantly, and for as long as I've been playing on BT, Rio was always the one to declare war. Hard to take much credit, here.

And Ar Agyr... had little to do with Guillaume. That's just the leader with a 10-year-old vendetta, allying with a realm that did what the realm he is destroying over.

So really, I only take credit for Melhed's involvement. As for the rest of Enweil's defeat, I place that largely on the invasions, which bled Enweil considerably each time, while leaving Riombara stronger each time. Good diplomacy or bad diplomacy would have changed little to this, and there was no way to factor how invasions would turn out and how far-apart they would be while doing the scheming. Might makes right. Had the invasions turned out different, Guillaume would never had had to exile himself (and thus betray Melhed), and he'd be seen as a hero by many, while the history books would have put down Riombara as the villain.

Sure, Guillaume did a ton of mistakes along the way, and ultimately failed in his ambitions, but much of the current events are beyond his doing.