6 (12.8%)
Enweil
1 (2.1%)
Riombara
27 (57.4%)
Draw
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Enweil & Ally vs Riombara  (Read 67268 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Enweil & Ally vs Riombara
« Reply #60: June 17, 2013, 02:24:06 PM »
You are stating that you didn't know things that were going on in your own realm that people outside of it knew, which is rather hard to believe to say the least. That you didn't know doesn't mean that you couldn't have known, however (Rio is good at deluding itself), and it certainly doesn't mean that no one in Rio knew. I'm pretty sure I used the knowledge I had to slander Riombara as it happened, I think I may have even put it on the propaganda newspaper I was running at the time. The knowledge was most definitely public. You probably just chose to ignore the facts, as with a great deal of other things, because it inconvenienced you, as Rio always does.

So, your contention is that, rather than the simple answer (that the people intending to form a secession from Riombara that opposed its basic principles actually kept it secret from Riombara's leadership), we knew all about the planned secession, chose to allow it, even when it crippled Riombara and led very, very close to our total destruction, and then lied about knowing about it, and continue, five years or more after the fact, to conspire with each other to lie to you about knowing about the planned Meridian secession.

That sounds like it would make perfect sense in the Chénier-verse, but here in the real world, sorry, mate, but that sort of thing is just ridiculous.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan