6 (12.8%)
Enweil
1 (2.1%)
Riombara
27 (57.4%)
Draw
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Enweil & Ally vs Riombara  (Read 67274 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Enweil & Ally vs Riombara
« Reply #60: June 17, 2013, 05:54:26 PM »
You are stating that you didn't know things that were going on in your own realm that people outside of it knew, which is rather hard to believe to say the least. That you didn't know doesn't mean that you couldn't have known, however (Rio is good at deluding itself), and it certainly doesn't mean that no one in Rio knew. I'm pretty sure I used the knowledge I had to slander Riombara as it happened, I think I may have even put it on the propaganda newspaper I was running at the time. The knowledge was most definitely public. You probably just chose to ignore the facts, as with a great deal of other things, because it inconvenienced you, as Rio always does.

I can't ignore what I don't know about. As Anaris pointed out, what motivation could we possibly have to lie about this so many years down the line? I'm telling you, we didn't know.

Sure, some people in Riombara probably did. They would most likely be the people who formed the conspiracy to secede Rines and create the Meridian Republic, people like Mordred and Khaludh. By definition, conspiracies are kept secret from those who aren't a part of them, so again, we didn't know what they were planning at the time, and if we had we probably would have taken steps to prevent them from doing it. We very well might not have succeeded given that they controlled two Dukes, the Judge and several other region lords, but we certainly would have tried everything in our power to stop them.

You can disregard everything I'm saying and assume I'm pursuing some sort of agenda, but I assure you, I have none. I really could care less about the fact that you have a serious nut against Riombara, but it irks me when you say things that are flatly untrue where they concern my characters. Among those who stayed in Riombara after the secession of the Meridian Republic, there was no general foreknowledge of anything that Lefanis and the others had been planning. Simple common sense should suffice to make that clear. If we were so intent on making a deal with the monsters, MR would never have needed to secede; it would have been Riombara's official policy.