Author Topic: Church of Sartan comes to Beluaterra  (Read 25675 times)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Re: Church of Sartan comes to Beluaterra
« Reply #45: June 03, 2013, 11:42:47 PM »
All the CoS wants is to become the state religion in Ar Agyr, Thalmarkin and Melhed and then conquer the world for the glory of the gods. Is that too much to ask? ;)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: June 04, 2013, 12:14:36 AM »
For a Church about a god of war that has a history of being bad at war... Yes.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 04, 2013, 12:45:07 AM »

Look, it's not my fault that the current crop of FEI sartanians are crap at war. A religion has to work with what it's got.

Besides, Thalmarkin and Ar Agyr are full of nobles who are already good at war - so extending the franchise here seemed a logical step to overcome historic shortcomings :p

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 04, 2013, 01:13:05 AM »
Look, it's not my fault that the current crop of FEI sartanians are crap at war. A religion has to work with what it's got.

Besides, Thalmarkin and Ar Agyr are full of nobles who are already good at war - so extending the franchise here seemed a logical step to overcome historic shortcomings :p

I can see Melhed getting on board with CoS too. That'd be a cool influx of something fresh to touch on old roots.

I had the similar impression of the Bloodspeakers, that they rebelled and wanted to bring an age of glorious war; but when the war started they acted all surprised and sucked hard all over the place. If your religion is based on war, you should at least try to be not bad at it.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: June 04, 2013, 02:17:53 AM »
We've been meaning to update the golden feather for a while... make it a primitive ancestor-worship religion that is all about guidance through the lives of ancestors and fallen heroes and less (or not at all) about moral judgement. But well, there's so much stuff to do already...

Anyway, this thread is about the CoS. To be honest, I'm not really a fan due to my experiences with it on FEI and due to my being hardcore-CoI.  8) But that said, it's a well worked out religion and there is a bit of a religious gap at the moment (I mean, we didn't even have to make the destruction of the bloodspeakers a condition if we wanted to, it just died on it's own. :P) which an enthusiastic leader could exploit. So... good luck I guess. I just know I'm going to regret saying this when you have converted Melhed, they attack AA in a vengeful rage of Sartanist bloodthirst and then complain on the ruler channel about having their regions KRB'd. :P

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: June 04, 2013, 03:22:44 AM »
We've been meaning to update the golden feather for a while... make it a primitive ancestor-worship religion that is all about guidance through the lives of ancestors and fallen heroes and less (or not at all) about moral judgement. But well, there's so much stuff to do already...

Anyway, this thread is about the CoS. To be honest, I'm not really a fan due to my experiences with it on FEI and due to my being hardcore-CoI.  8) But that said, it's a well worked out religion and there is a bit of a religious gap at the moment (I mean, we didn't even have to make the destruction of the bloodspeakers a condition if we wanted to, it just died on it's own. :P) which an enthusiastic leader could exploit. So... good luck I guess. I just know I'm going to regret saying this when you have converted Melhed, they attack AA in a vengeful rage of Sartanist bloodthirst and then complain on the ruler channel about having their regions KRB'd. :P

Hah! You fool! Do you not see? Ar Agyr and Melhed will both embrace Sartanism and then doubleteam Thal to regain the crown of the Jaunes! :P

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: June 04, 2013, 03:25:10 AM »
Also, I am proud to present the new tagline for the CoS:

Sartanism - three realms destroyed and still not dead yet!

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: June 04, 2013, 05:38:54 AM »
Three?

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: June 04, 2013, 07:02:21 AM »
Hah! You fool! Do you not see? Ar Agyr and Melhed will both embrace Sartanism and then doubleteam Thal to regain the crown of the Jaunes! :P

To quote Kevin Garnett, "Anything is possible!"

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: June 04, 2013, 09:00:14 AM »
Three?

Sartania, NeoSartania, Toupellon (the last is debatable).
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: June 04, 2013, 09:18:36 AM »
Also, I am proud to present the new tagline for the CoS:

Sartanism - three realms destroyed and still not dead yet!

Yet.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
~Violence is always an option!~

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #57: June 04, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »
Infiltrator lands.

Infiltrator stabs.

Infiltrator embarks.

Who stabbed? No way to know.

There is a problem with your whole approach on the infil class but lets not hijack this thread with that.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 04, 2013, 09:16:46 PM »
There is a problem with your whole approach on the infil class but lets not hijack this thread with that.

Then create a new one :)

I'm happy to discuss it, as long as it's not another "infiltrators should be invisible" thread. That one's been done to death.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: June 13, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »
So the Church of Sartan now has two temples and three members. That's the good news.

The bad news is that the only priest, Selene, is rather old and gets very few hours which is really slowing down preaching efforts :p