Author Topic: The Dwilight University  (Read 29014 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwilight University
« Reply #60: April 24, 2011, 07:59:48 PM »
And what of us who do not subscribe to the idea's of Sanguis Astroism, or even those that subscribe to them being inherently evil?

Yes Sanguis Astroism is a very large religion by Dwilight standards, however it is also largely based in the north, then again everything is pretty much North by PeL standards ;).

What of us in the South? Are we to be denied the full possibilities of the Dwilight University because we in character and roleplay we could never subscribe to the idea's of Sanguis Astroism? If so then it stops being the Dwilight University and should be renamed the Sanguis Astroism University of Dwilight.

Contribute to other departments.

Start competing university.

Convert to Sanguis Astroism.

Your CHARACTER would be denied the opportunity to engage with equity in theological discussions based on your RP. My character in the University is also fairly anti-SA.

However, ya'll in PeL are irrelevant anyways. To my knowledge, no Lurians have joined the University, so I'm unsure why your opinion would matter. Ironsides asked why people don't contribute: it's at least partly because he has succeeded in alienating the largest contiguous RP base in Dwilight, which also happens to control most of the University.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: April 24, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
I would love to join but I'm stuck in the south where there are no guilds.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #62: April 25, 2011, 05:00:51 PM »
It probably takes about two weeks at most to go from even the southernmost point of Dwilight (Most likely Madina, but I don't know the actual coordinates) to the nearest DU guildhouse. That would be in...Chesney, maybe? Failing that sail over to D'Hara and hop up to Mimer. From there the rest of the northeast is open.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: April 25, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »
Yes, Chesney.

And, while in Chesney, you can also join:

Visit the "Dwilight Trade Company" guildhouse
Visit the "Dwilight University" guildhouse
Visit the "Hunters of Dwilight" guildhouse
Visit the "Keepers of Lore" guildhouse
Visit the "Libidizedd Trading Company" guildhouse
Visit the "Path of the Sword" guildhouse
Visit the "Sanguis Astroism" temple
Visit the "The O'Deaghaidh Library" guildhouse
Visit the "Triunism" temple
Visit the "Véinsørmoot" guildhouse

Any of those.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #64: April 25, 2011, 05:48:07 PM »
All of them. I'll be there in about a week. Don't even think about refusing my applications! ^_^

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #65: April 26, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »
I would love to join but I'm stuck in the south where there are no guilds.
I've tried to construct one in the Duchy of Giask, but failed because the Univeristy in Flowrestown was seemingly dissolved when I arrived in Aquilegia to sell them some food. So couldn't join th university back then.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: April 26, 2011, 01:20:21 PM »
I am in Underroot on my way into Terran as we speak to join some of these guilds. Travel is really slow in winter.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: April 26, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »
I've tried to construct one in the Duchy of Giask, but failed because the Univeristy in Flowrestown was seemingly dissolved when I arrived in Aquilegia to sell them some food. So couldn't join th university back then.

It's in Ashrak, now Flowrestown.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #68: April 26, 2011, 04:50:29 PM »
It's in Ashrak, now Flowrestown.
Flowrestown - Built by Duke Vesuvis Adriddae (Student) in the autumn of Year 7 (July 29, 2009). Destroyed by Duke Caxias Flowres (Unaffiliated) in the winter of 10 YD (May 7, 2010).

And I had no time to travel to Ashrak after I visited Flowrestown. My region was being invaded by monsters and there came no military aid to liberate my region. I had to return to PeL, or loose my Lordship.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: April 26, 2011, 07:19:02 PM »
Ah, well, there is also one in Ashrak.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: April 27, 2011, 10:15:02 AM »
If you want to join another fun guild, myself and a few other high ranked nobles in Caerwyn are constructing an new system to trade unique items/repair them with adventurers. If enough adventurers join we could set up a roster of the best to worst :D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: April 27, 2011, 11:24:55 AM »
If you want to join another fun guild, myself and a few other high ranked nobles in Caerwyn are constructing an new system to trade unique items/repair them with adventurers. If enough adventurers join we could set up a roster of the best to worst :D

Or you could join one of the guilds that already exist for this purpose.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: April 27, 2011, 01:51:21 PM »
Or you could join one of the guilds that already exist for this purpose.

eewww yucky! but some of the other guilds are probably being controlled by a cabal of Sanguis Astroist reallife friends!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: April 27, 2011, 07:05:25 PM »

Really?

I'll be sure to join it, and build a guildhouse in Chesney. Economies of scope, you see. They're pretty awesome.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: April 27, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »
The Fissoa Verminators also offer repairs :) damn I didn't intend to advertise like this though.

Adventurer's guilds seem to be booming, though?