Author Topic: Aurvandil  (Read 83754 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Aurvandil
« Reply #90: July 03, 2013, 04:03:50 AM »
So a bunch of people with OOC connections legitimate players, who managed to only fill positions of power/lordships with others in their OOC circle (or multis) and had perfect communication with one another that entire time, somehow were all unaware that one of them had 15 or so multiple accounts? And after that one person's 15 multiple accounts were busted, all the legitimate players decided in unison to stop playing?

I didn't say that it was totally legit. Indeed, I suspect that these other players are Mendicant's OOC buddies, and that they ragequit because he got caught.

However, based on my experience with multicheaters, typically, if you catch one and lock most of his accounts, but miss (or deliberately leave) a few, they continue playing the others, using them to continue trying to achieve whatever goals they have, and even create new alts to replace the ones they lost. This tells me that these accounts were, in all likelihood, not actually other Mendicant multis.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan