Author Topic: Reduce time needed for repair equipment damage.  (Read 10842 times)

Zakilevo

How about giving people two choices?

First one = what we have right now

Second one = very expensive but reduced time

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Easily explained as 'priority repairs costs extra'.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
I guess that could be good too, but i would still reduce or lower curve time taken for repairs, it is  a bit unnecessary to slow game down, making game and wars less dynamic.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Normally, I would say "it's fine as long as it applies to everybody." However, I do not know of any other realm where a vast majority of the nobles field more than 50 men, and a significant number of nobles field more than 150 men. This seems like a uniquely Darkan problem to me.

How about this: If you build N repair smithies in the city, then you can hire up to N smithies while repairing, which would result in the repairs done in 1/Nth the time, but costs N times the regular price.

Basically you speed things up by hiring multiple smithies at the same time. Three smithies will get the job done in one third the time, but costs three times the gold, for example. It's all very common sense and logical, yes? :)
------
qui audet vincit

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Its not very logical, like this whole repair thing is not very logical.

There can be 1000 nobles with 10 men units and their eq would be repaired in 1 turn. But if there is 1 noble with 100 men unit, it will take several days to fix it.

Oh, and i have 4 chars, all of them has ~100 or more men units and 1 of them is at Thalmarkin and 1 them is at Perdan. and 2 at Darka.

So, this is not specific to Darka. It is overall very frustrating, cause there is definately more gold per noble around these days to use than it used to be. We sit and repair much more these. Ofcourse this effects everybody, but more and more people recently. And for big units and old chars, you cant even repair everyturn, cause you gain only 5 hours and minimum repair at KK's case is 5% and 6 hours.

-Jaune

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:48:14 AM by jaune »

Gustav Kuriga

Normally, I would say "it's fine as long as it applies to everybody." However, I do not know of any other realm where a vast majority of the nobles field more than 50 men, and a significant number of nobles field more than 150 men. This seems like a uniquely Darkan problem to me.

How about this: If you build N repair smithies in the city, then you can hire up to N smithies while repairing, which would result in the repairs done in 1/Nth the time, but costs N times the regular price.

Basically you speed things up by hiring multiple smithies at the same time. Three smithies will get the job done in one third the time, but costs three times the gold, for example. It's all very common sense and logical, yes? :)

Hardly a Darkan problem. The Farronite Republic also has this issue because we have a high troops per noble number, but are a small realm. So for those saying this gives small realms a chance against large realms, you're wrong. it helps realms with less gold/noble

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
As was said, it does act as a counterbalance.

I would support giving people an option to speed it up, but the cost should be considerably higher than the time saved. So, basically, something like 50% more repair speed (i.e. 1/3rd less time) at two or three times the price.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
I guess it is better then just dump em as militia and recruit new unit.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Cut all gold income by 30%

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
As was said, it does act as a counterbalance.

I would support giving people an option to speed it up, but the cost should be considerably higher than the time saved. So, basically, something like 50% more repair speed (i.e. 1/3rd less time) at two or three times the price.

That would help speed up the game, and the increase in price would be suitably inflationary. I think this would help.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
That would help speed up the game, and the increase in price would be suitably inflationary. I think this would help.

Increasing cost would be good balance-wise, but I still think it should require more infrastructure than normal.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

I like the requiring multiple smithies in the region; makes complete sense, and imposes a long-term opportunity cost on the region.

Another option I'd like to see is the option to disband part of your unit to reduce equipment damage. if you have 200 troops and 50% damage, then you should be able to have 100 of your men hand off their sword and shield to the remaining hundred men and get down to 0% damage. This will also improve cohesion of your unit.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

I like this option. It should change the price & time by the amount Tom specified, while providing an excellent IC explanation for it, and both an added cost to do this, and added use for extra gold that's just kicking around.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
I like this option of 2 smith too.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Splitting the same amount of work between 2 people does not cost twice as much.