Author Topic: Perdan vs Caligus and Company  (Read 63801 times)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan vs Caligus and Company
« Reply #120: December 18, 2013, 04:43:38 PM »
The difference now among Sirion and Perdan is that we don't try to govern the entire continent and impose our way to play the game as the only way to play Battlemaster nor we try to impose our vision as the only vision to save the game.

Eduardo, I will stick only to this sentence since it is for me the essence of what you say.
And yes, I will disagree with you.
Sirion has 33 (!) regions on EC out of 120-130 regions.
You possess 1/4 of the continent.
I am really glad you don't want others to play the game like you do and I am glad Perdan does not.
Because then EC would have at some point a final duel between two realms and then, well let's have that reset, shall we?!

However, Sirion is the example for stagnation in the north of EC.
When I started the game more than 9 years ago, on the current lands of Sirion (and Nivemus) were 9 realms.
Now there are only 2, say 3 if we add Westmoor to it. The islands didn't exist back then.
Now the key question: How many were in the south back then and how many do we have now?
2004 there were 7 realms in the south. 2013 there are 6 realms and only 2 of them are original realms of back then, 3 if you count Fallangard as original realm.

We can therefore say that the south remained realmwise stable despite many wars ravaging it while the north walks towards a dead end.

So, where do you think it was funnier to play?! In the north? In the south?
This you will have to answer for yourself.
But I personally prefer having the possibility to start out in one of the realms in the south and have the chance to experience the rank of a knight till the rank of a ruler than to join Sirion, where you can become something....well, after some years.

More realms mean more chances and quests for players.
That again attracts more interest to play BM.
At least for me.