Author Topic: experience for units in battle  (Read 6997 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: experience for units in battle
« Reply #15: April 18, 2011, 04:49:50 AM »
I see.  Hmmm, well, my other idea looked exactly like CS when not factoring in morale, so I'm going to leave that for another thread about showing CS with all your units other information on the quick glance bar. Sorry.

Well, a slight decrease in the max you can train your unit? Currently it stands at 80% (or slightly above that), which is ridiculous for a supposedly green unit. If that's not acceptable, then we might as well close the thread.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:53:59 AM by Gustav Kuriga »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 18, 2011, 04:58:34 AM »
First I don't think a stat the said experience X% would be very hard for newcomers or anyone to understand or handle. Who knows how much CS it would add as of now. I think it would be a nice realistic stat even though it is tried to implemented through training bonuses after battles. But your example is also something that is realistic. Germany in WWII sent pilots to the spanish civil war to gain experience, and I could probable research other examples. A realm is already encouraged to go to war with a smaller realm first to take their lands to gain strength to take on a bigger realm. I think it could work if training was for example 50% battlefield and 50% through actually training except the problem is there are some recruitment centers that have very high training. On a slightly side note I think cohesion should go up way more after a battle. I think people in war conditions get very close that they are dying alongside with and expect to mutually watch each others backs.

I've always understood Cohesion to be related to how well the unit functions in formations then as a indicator of the bonds between men, which to me would be part of morale. A cohesive unit would be like the Spartan Phalanx, renown for being able to move in close formation even while running, and mostly avoiding the tendency  of a Phalanx to veer of to one side. Training would be more about the skill of individual men. At least that is how I've always interpreted the stats.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 18, 2011, 11:40:44 AM »
Yeah it is called experience, courage is a personality trait. I think Gustav Kuriga probably just took your idea and made it better.

I think you're missing the point that I was making. The aim of my idea was the result, not really the means of achieving said result. And the result was to get a stat that could either only a bit, or all (as proposed here) be leveled by fighting.