Author Topic: Best realms to join on June 2013  (Read 15055 times)

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Best realms to join on June 2013
« Reply #15: June 25, 2013, 09:05:32 AM »
Arcaea also takes great care of their adventurers, even avenging their mistreatment at the hands of the enemy judge!

Fronen also have a guild to manage trade/bounty, or share anything related to adventurers.. We have commoner member from all realm except og, sint, and caelum..

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 25, 2013, 09:07:51 AM »
DARKA @ Atamara.
We have had great war for a long time and there is no end in sight. Central alliance is having some internal troubles, prolly cause of being fedup to being "forced" to march week or 2 and getting beaten by awesome Darkans!

They claim big vicotry, they were able to destroy one recruitment center and lost half of their army, and yet few weeks of march ahead they boast how they destroyed 1 RC. Great achievment! Althougth, it was good RC, but had pretty much 0 value for warfare. It was SF center which produce like 1-3 recruits per day.

So, we have fought alone for a while against, Coria, CE, Strombran, Suville and Tara. Now Coria and Suville have pretty much given up with the war. So ther is now CE + extra duchy and Tara... and mayby this new Silnaria who we are facing.

So, come to Darka and kick MiCE on the nuts!

Then another great place to join is Ar Agyr at Beluaterra. It just not exist yet :) But will in few days. It will be small new realm with quite powerhungry King :) And good bunch of active and skilled nobles.

~Violence is always an option!~

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 25, 2013, 09:14:09 AM »
Disclaimer: due to a serious lack of nobles everywhere, people will over sell their realms, which is likely to lead to disappointment when you join. The last time I joined Darka, for example, they told me there were plenty of battles in the 1 vs all war. They neglected to tell me that the battles were a week's travel away, which reduces the overall amount of battles you actually get to fight drastically (not to mention that in order for you to arrive on time you have to be pretty active - don't skip a turn travelling or your trip is in vein).

I could say the same for Arcaea now, a realm which I am part of.
Ardet nec consumitur.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 25, 2013, 09:54:54 AM »
I guess that "being turn late" is issue with pretty much all but defending siege? You dont move, you dont get in battle.

Yes, it is true that we have to wait a while to enemy refit, then there is about 5 days of active moving to find spot where to meet enemy. Depending what our enemy achieves then we have some region mainentance and repairing time.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 25, 2013, 11:19:53 AM »
I was just giving Darka as a particular example because of my own experience with it. I'm 100% confident that everyone here is overselling his or her realm(s) to get just this extra noble. Ah, I miss the times were you had to be worthy of a realm.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 25, 2013, 11:38:29 AM »
Niselur, of course. The realm has been the focus of all of Dwilight through entire of June, but July is really when the fun will kick in. We're the spearhead of the strong coalition that will lead the kingdoms of the west to freedom against the theocratic oppression. We've built a massive IC storyline, have an interesting and unique realm theme and we've built a respectable army in the wake of the greatest war that Dwilight, and probably Battlemaster, will ever see. Much is at stake, but the gains we can have are definitely worth it. All those looking for a memorable BM experience and are ready to write history, set your course for Niselur. Plenty opportunities for land and battles are just on the horizon!
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 25, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »
We're the spearhead of the strong coalition that will lead the kingdoms of the west
Hey you can't be part of a strong coalition of realms! You have Asylon on your side, and they hate being part of a coalition caught in a web of alliances!

Hey wait a minute.... you did realize that if you win, then you'll be the big oppressors, and Asylon will have to turn and attack you!  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 25, 2013, 12:46:38 PM »
D'Hara, Dwilight - Has been in constant warfare for years now, and will continue this way for quite a while. Central island realm spanning from coast to coast, with possessions on the western subcontinent, the eastern continent, as well as the two central isles and part of the southern isle. The realm has grown bigger than it ever anticipated possible in its wildest dreams, and lordships are easy to win, while it also has institutions to help make non-lords more important. It has a rich culture dating from way back, that gradually evolved over the years, and is the only realm with a non-reigning monarch that I know of, having a duly-elected Dragon King but being run by the Prime Minister. Having a considerable food-deficit because of its urban nature has forced it to always relate with other realms, and while it used to also impose a peace-only agenda, the realm has grown a lot more militaristic and imperialistic since it was at war with two superpowers at once and starving to the brink of destruction and still managing to get back up on their feet. They were also one of the three members of the Véinsørmoot, along with Terran and Barca, which is a codified federation that can speak with a common voice, but has become the dominant voice there with the implosion of Terran. Was insanely rich before the Long Winter, and population levels are finally starting to make a bit more sense again, with the townslands having pretty good production now. Considered to be overly proud and paranoid by its neighbors, particularly disliked by its imperialistic neighbors Luria Nova who have always wanted to claim the islands for themselves.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 25, 2013, 01:50:50 PM »
The ones I'd recommend (that I have chars in) are:

Swordfell (Dwilight): This realm has their capital almost completely surrounded by mountains. I would describe it as cozy. A "everyone knows everyone" kind of atmosphere. A very open realm for chars that are ambitious and likes to involve themselves. It still has several rogue regions around it that needs claiming and needs nobles to do it. Promotion-friendly. Emotions runs high a times and some characters in the realm are quite adamant about pushing for certain changes, evolving culture and so on which keeps all nobles on their toes. All in all a great realm that I'd recommend for everyone that likes to build characters, roleplay, take things to the next level etc. They are in a difficult position being surrounded by empires to an extent (but protected by the aforementioned mountains) which promotes a realm with a special culture.

Perdan (East Continent):
This realm is primarily for the strategy oriented types. Most effective military machine on EC (and possibly close to all islands), fighting in a 3+ vs 1 war but still holding their own and even going on the offensive. Have a very "hands on" King that sees everyone and everything. Roleplay is generally light with some exceptions (my char is involved in some of the exceptions).

Cathay (Far East): Involved in a large island wide war against the Empire and it's minions (yes, propaganda for the win :D). The King here is also very hands on and involved in what happens. He has been known for generally rewarding ambition rather than seniority. Recently banned a Margrave because he wouldnt obey orders and there is tension between the King and the General so some drama can be found.

Silnaria (Atamara): Newly formed. In the process of regaining all it once had under the name of Coria. Might end up in war everywhere. Middle of the island position so many possbilities for fun wars. Some infighting has occured as several vikings from the Barony joined, creating a culture clash. Has some strongminded characters that keeps things interesting.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 25, 2013, 06:21:57 PM »
My recommendation:

Silnaria (Atamara): I play the Monarch of Silnaria, so while I am a bit biased, I am also in a position to clearly state what I believe are my realm's strengths for a player seeking a new realm. We are the most recently founded realm on Atamara, and were essentially created (through secession) by the process of eliminating those in our realm who stood in the way of progress and refused to help create an environment which cultivated new nobles positively. As such, I can state with certainty that every single lord of my realm is not only actively engaging for a new knight to interact with, but are also outspoken about what they believe in. We are a spirited group, we have many strong and unique personalities and are in the process of creating our own culture from many diverse backgrounds. We are THE center of Atamara, and will thus always be in the middle of whatever action is going on. My character, the ruler of Silnaria, is one of the most controversial figures on Atamara and has those who both despise him and those who love him. You won't get bored here, of that much at least I can assure you.

A side note: While I know many people WILL oversell their realms to gain extra nobles, I welcome any direct questions of my realm, my playstyle, etc... through private messages if you want to see if what I have said holds up. I encourage any interested in Silnaria to ask any other player who is there, and they can back up everything I have said. I believe Silnaria hosts the most active realm per total noble base on Atamara.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 25, 2013, 10:45:58 PM »
Silnaria is the most interesting realm I've been part of for quite a while, a tradition that is carrying over from Coria. There's a lot of interesting things happening in and around Silnaria right now, and active nobles are most welcome.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 25, 2013, 11:14:25 PM »
Looks like Silnaria might coerce me into a final attempt to enjoy Atamara :)

Eirikr

« Reply #27: June 25, 2013, 11:53:42 PM »
Looks like Silnaria might coerce me into a final attempt to enjoy Atamara :)

We've got a nice shiny banner waiting for you.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 26, 2013, 12:24:53 AM »
Disclaimer: due to a serious lack of nobles everywhere, people will over sell their realms, which is likely to lead to disappointment when you join. The last time I joined Darka, for example, they told me there were plenty of battles in the 1 vs all war. They neglected to tell me that the battles were a week's travel away, which reduces the overall amount of battles you actually get to fight drastically (not to mention that in order for you to arrive on time you have to be pretty active - don't skip a turn travelling or your trip is in vein).

I could say the same for Arcaea now, a realm which I am part of.
Well Niselur is only one day(2-turns) from the front.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 26, 2013, 12:32:42 AM »
Well Niselur is only one day(2-turns) from the front.

Niselur currently is at war with zero realms. And while I perfectly well know that they are going to war (I'm involved in it myself, though I care nothing for Niselur), the situation at the moment is that Niselur does not even has a war going on.
Ardet nec consumitur.