Author Topic: search for a region on map  (Read 2027 times)

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
search for a region on map
« Topic Start: April 26, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »
Just starting in Dwilight and I remember when I was new on AT finding a region on the map can be quite daunting. Is there any way to do a drop-down list with all of the regions and when you click on a region it highlights where that region is? I think it would definitely help new people learn where regions are instead of spending a lot of time trying to figure it out.
Forbes Family

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: search for a region on map
« Reply #1: April 26, 2011, 04:28:55 PM »
Have you tried the Region List under the Information tab? It lists all the regions, can be sorted in whatever order you want, and provides a Details link, where you can see the region details and a mini-map of the region and its surroundings.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 26, 2011, 05:04:03 PM »
I hadn't seen that before and it's somewhat helpful. However to a new player the sectional map is still not going to tell them where a region is like the full map would. For instance when people are talking about battles far off, it helps after you get some experience and know the layouts of maps but when your new I think it would be helpful to be able to see this is where I am and this is where these guys are talking about at a quick glance.
Forbes Family

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 26, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
This would, indeed, be something useful.  Ideally, it would be combined with an enhanced dynamic map...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan