Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 281399 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Which makes it a uniqueness not worth saving TBH. Another power will rise in its place sooner or later.

No, I really don't think it will. Not a religious power, anyway.

I agree with Indirik that it's not likely for another religion, without the special circumstances Sanguis Astroism enjoyed surrounding its creation, to be able to gain the kind of power Sanguis Astroism has. You need near-complete buy-in from not only most of a realm, but from multiple realms, and not just in terms of allowing the religion to gain game-mechanic power, but in being willing to do what the Church's elders say in areas pertaining to the Church's business. Not because of the threat that they will auto da fe your lords, claim what regions they can, and drive the rest rogue with their priests—but because you truly believe they have spiritual and moral authority over you.

Can you honestly say that you think that another religion will rise up that can achieve this, if Sanguis Astroism loses these qualities forever?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan