Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 281067 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Right up until the recent negotiations where Morek's Grandmistress refused to sign a treaty obligating them to war against D'hara for failing to meet the obligations of said treaty, but they were perfectly willing to stop Luria from seeking compensation for D'hara's failure to hand over the West Marches in a timely fashion. Morek lost all claims to neutrality there.

Because the obligations of said treaty were laughably absurd and convinced everyone who saw it that Luria hadn't the slightest interest in a peaceful coexistence with D'Hara. It essentially said "Force D'Hara to pay up for allowing us to take regions which had the audacity to surrender to them when we wanted them instead and make war on them if they fail." If that had been reversed with D'hara seeking reparations instead, it never would have flown either. That antic insulted both the Prime Minister and the Grand Mistress by wasting their time, then Alice stormed out without bothering to actually negotiate.

I can understand starting out high to begin negotiations in a bartering sort of diplomatic style. But to leave without haggling at all indicates exactly Zero interest i the deal at hand. Alice came to the summit to keep up appearances, nothing more. In fact, I'd wager that she was gearing up for war with SOMEONE even before that point.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"