Author Topic: Messages and Metagaming  (Read 21129 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Messages and Metagaming
« Reply #45: July 05, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »
(i.e. you know that peasants CAN'T attack nobles, which your character doesn't know) and applying it to the game.

This really does irk me. My character DOES know that.

How can a single peasant, without any training, experience, or knowledge of how a military camp is set up, infiltrate a well-guarded military encampment, sneak by multiple guards, including ones specifically stationed to protect high value targets like say a council member, not only do that, but then stab a noble OR have the skill to fight the noble in hand-to-hand combat, without any training, and then sneak out of the camp without getting discovered.

Not only is not remotely conceivable that a peasant could ever succeed in such an attempt, but it is inconceivable that a peasant would ever even think of attempting such a deed. It would be guaranteed death for the peasant. It is quite historical that while peasants were disposable, nobles were not, and often held for ransom and such, instead of simply killed off hand.

If anyone in-game tells me a peasant could have carried out an assassination attempt my character will consider them clinically insane. (As this has happened, my character does think this)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."