Author Topic: Show prominent families origins at region info  (Read 7071 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Okay, so is everyone expressing support for the idea or the particular approach I mentioned here?

How about this?

For every region, a family name shows up if it is among the 3 most famous families in that region, and its fame is above 15.

The 3 and 15 marks can be balanced, but the idea is that in regions with high competition, you'd need to be the most famous to stand out.

If we have sufficient support for this idea, I'd like someone to approach Matt (Bedwyr) for him to bring it up to the dev team and Tom.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

It would indeed be awesome!

Sounds like the Comm Mgr is in accord. Let's go!

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Okay, so is everyone expressing support for the idea or the particular approach I mentioned here?

If we have sufficient support for this idea, I'd like someone to approach Matt (Bedwyr) for him to bring it up to the dev team and Tom.

(grins) I already liked the idea, and your approach sounds good unless we ever end up adding that "history" tab to the game that got bounced around some.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I'd say fame 20 and above, though that might just encourage famehunting to have the name on a region. On the other hand, family homes are already visible on the family page. Yet, if a hero moved the family home, the family page doesn't show all the homes the family has been in. In the world where noble families were more important than any individuals, one would think that the family homes would be visible more so than any individual's home in a region. But as it is now, there are no individual recognitions except perhaps through legacy of region description, and family homes only show the most recent one.

I agree. 15 is too easy. 25 feels a little too elitist. 20 sounds just good to me.

To have too many names just reduces the impact of it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron