Author Topic: Dwilight Map  (Read 37066 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Map
« Reply #60: May 17, 2011, 03:33:22 AM »
When I was in Port Raviel, I imagined it to be very tropical with palm and whitesand beaches.

Sicily, baby!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #61: May 20, 2011, 12:30:44 AM »
I imagine it as something like Île de la Tortue, but heck, just watch Pirates of the Caribbean.  ;)
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: May 20, 2011, 12:38:29 AM »
I imagine it as something like Île de la Tortue, but heck, just watch Pirates of the Caribbean.  ;)

really?  :o

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: May 20, 2011, 08:37:10 PM »
mmm... never saw D'Hara as a pirate island... maybe in the early days of Shadovar... but mostly I see them as at least reasonably civilized.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: May 21, 2011, 12:16:41 AM »
mmm... never saw D'Hara as a pirate island... maybe in the early days of Shadovar... but mostly I see them as at least reasonably civilized.

Yea, maybe in the early days, but not since the spread of VE and the adoption of republican civilization. Back when the monarchy held strong, though, that's another story.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #65: May 23, 2011, 01:01:27 PM »
I can imagine that it is a big and bussy port. Enough place for some shady dealers and pirates. However, the comparison with Île de la Tortue was a little extreme, as that would make it an anarchic pirate island.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: May 24, 2011, 01:54:02 AM »
I can imagine that it is a big and bussy port. Enough place for some shady dealers and pirates. However, the comparison with Île de la Tortue was a little extreme, as that would make it an anarchic pirate island.

There were never any pirate RPs in D'Hara, or RPs about criminals of any kind. The first age was a kind of dark era, one of struggle, strife, and unstable autocratic regimes. Hard times for all who lived on the isles. As D'Hara grew, it gained newfound prosperity. The end of the war with Caerwyn and Madina resulted in the start of a golden age for the duchy of Paisly, and coincided with Verdis Elementum taking over almost all of the isles, the monarch becoming more withdrawn and Dragon Worship but a folklore of the royal family. A new D'Hara was emerging, and was crystallized when the Dragon King abdicated, allowing the formation of the lords' Republic with little interest in new feuds, being tired of all the ones they suffered, and investing itself in trade more than ever. I really do see modern D'Hara as italian-like.

However, not all cities in D'Hara are the same. Paisly, the "newborn", has reached full production and generates a considerable amount of wealth, and since not that long ago. When Machiavel left Paisland for Paisly, the latter had but recently started to produce more gold than the former. Port Raviel and Port Nebel, the core and historical cities, have not been so lucky and have had the populations decimated by starvation on many occasions (resulting in various revolts). I'd say these are rougher neighborhoods than what you'd find on the continent, but still not pirate-like.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #67: May 24, 2011, 12:40:55 PM »
I thank you for your lesson in D'Haran history.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: May 24, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »
Yes, I read with great intrest :)

So I suppose the Dragon King you speak of is Cenarius?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: May 24, 2011, 03:38:40 PM »
Yes, that would be him. His abdication brought some change to D'Hara, albeit not entirely willingly :)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: May 24, 2011, 04:58:12 PM »
My character Skyndarbau visited D'Hara once. Lady Kisharianda left a great impression too :)

and I remember a banished noble appeared at the gates, but I forgot his name.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: May 24, 2011, 11:37:57 PM »
His full name would probably exceed the space quota for this forum, but I think you are referring to the one colloquially known as "Bowie".
After all it's a roleplaying game.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: May 25, 2011, 01:16:39 AM »
Bowie...    with Vanimelde' gone from Dwilight he might have made it onto Allison's top 5 most hated.   

So I dug out my old list of enemies.  My top 5 are no longer on Dwilight.   What a shame.  I need to spend some time traveling around Dwilight again.   Here is to a new list. 

1.  Garret
2.  Bowie

I am at a loss as to who else should be on this list.  I might need to shorten it to 3. 

1.  Caerwyn
2.  Garret
3.  Bowie
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #73: May 25, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »
Huh, Allison actually still has Garret as an enemy? Garret's long ceased to care about someone insignificant like her. lol

Well, it's nice to be considered so antagonistic as to have the most radical member of Sanguis Astroism thinking me to be #2 on the enemy list, second only to a realm.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:44:52 AM by Artemesia »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: May 25, 2011, 02:31:06 AM »
I am at a loss as to who else should be on this list.

Baal the Betrayer definitely needs to be at the top of the list. Personally, not just in the person of Caerwyn.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.