Author Topic: Notify the Ruler when an account in his realm is locked  (Read 3264 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Title: Notify the Ruler when an account in his realm is locked

Summary: When a player account is locked, all the Rulers of the realms that player has characters in should be notified via OOC message. Given that this is public information on their Character page, this shouldn't violate anyone's privacy or anything.

Benefits: Currently when an account is locked, there's no notification for anyone else that may be affected. As an example, a previously loyal and active noble recently had his account locked and, obviously, stopped responding or doing anything.

When someone stops responding, my first thought is, "Oh, he must be busy in RL" rather than "I'd better check his Character page to see if he's been locked for cheating". So we assumed he was just inactive and did little beyond sending him messages asking him to do various things, hoping he would return. As a result, the region he is lord of has starved and will likely go rogue. If I had known his account was locked, I could have taken steps to remove him much earlier and so save that region.

Possible Exploits: None.