Author Topic: Terran mess - Aurea disappearance  (Read 13986 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Terran mess - Aurea disappearance
« Topic Start: July 14, 2013, 10:01:42 PM »
I don't think you can claim that the crusade was a huge success, the crusade achieved its initial goal, yes, but that almost literally the only 'positive' thing it accomplished. Considering the end result in the longer term is that Terran gets destroyed anyways, (just in a more prolonged fashion,) the rift in the church's diverging forces are exposed and there is a break in the Astroist federation in the north along with a good amount of disenchantment with the church, I do not think you can make a claim that the crusade was a "huge success".

No, the Crusade was a huge success. It achieved its goals without having so much as a battle.

Because eventually something bad came of it doesn't mean it was a failure. You can win a battle and lose a war; you don't say that a won battle was actually lost because the casualties sustained in it lead to you losing a battle two months later.

Just as a side note: From my perspective, at least, I think that's a bit Terran-centric.

It looks to me more like large chunks of the continent were just looking for excuses to start their own little regional wars, and the various ripples that Terran's implosion did cause have given them exactly what they wanted.

This is probably true. But Ehndras was playing in Terran anyways, so Terran-centric explanations make sense.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner