Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 4178 times)

Eirikr

Thank You
« Topic Start: July 20, 2013, 03:01:58 PM »
With all these recent topics and the very public nature of some major issues recently, I'd like to take a moment to thank the volunteers who keep this game running. I hope this entire topic is filled with only and outpouring of support for those who perform very difficult tasks to keep the game running and improving just as something extra they've decided to do.

• Thank you Tom for this unique and wonderful game. It's not perfect of course, but nothing is, and you're a lot better off than most!
  • Thank you Devs for consistently working to make it more perfect, behind the scenes. It's not an easy job, but even some of the bigger staffed paid games have worse support! What you do (and so quickly) is amazing.
  • Thank you, Titans and Magistrates, you are given an unusually difficult task, but you do the best you can. No matter how connected you are or how invested you are in the situation, I almost always see you step back and look as objectively as possible. I know this takes a lot of focus; keep it up, you're doing great!
  • Thank you to the forum mods as well. It can be crazy, especially with the volume of posts each day, but I can see the crackdown and I know it's making the game a better place. You can't ever change someone's mind, but you can at least ensure they don't make a fool of themselves in a moment of passion.
  • And finally, thanks to the players. Yes, you too are volunteers and without you, there would be no game. There would be no collection of such brilliant minds as I see in BattleMaster. I am consistently impressed by the writing, the roleplay, and the ability for players to machinate diplomatic and military strategies rivaling modern-day real world choices. Despite the medieval atmosphere and perpetual wars, in some ways, I'd feel safer if I lived in BM!