Author Topic: Improving Roleplaying: Like-buttons  (Read 2168 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Improving Roleplaying: Like-buttons
« Topic Start: May 03, 2011, 12:01:11 AM »
Recently someone else came up with this idea, and I thought I could share it.

Basically roleplays would get an extra option below the message, being to "like" it (like on Facebook, yes). This would encourage people to roleplay, because they actually get some credit for their work. Also, it would allow people who enjoy reading roleplays (but not necessarily enjoy writing them) to express their intrest.

Advantage
This would encourage roleplaying, bringing BM to life

Disadvantage
Is in analogy to Facebook, might disrupt IC'ness. (though an option to show/hide the button and stats could be made available)

egamma

Re: Improving Roleplaying: Like-buttons
« Reply #1: May 03, 2011, 12:18:59 AM »
Recently someone else came up with this idea, and I thought I could share it.

Basically roleplays would get an extra option below the message, being to "like" it (like on Facebook, yes). This would encourage people to roleplay, because they actually get some credit for their work. Also, it would allow people who enjoy reading roleplays (but not necessarily enjoy writing them) to express their intrest.

Advantage
This would encourage roleplaying, bringing BM to life

Disadvantage
Is in analogy to Facebook, might disrupt IC'ness. (though an option to show/hide the button and stats could be made available)

How is this better than the "Roleplay" medal?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: May 03, 2011, 12:21:38 AM »
How many people can actually give medals? Then again, there might have been a recent change where everyone can give medals. Probably not.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 03, 2011, 12:21:42 AM »
How is this better than the "Roleplay" medal?

The roleplay medal is something highly priced, and only given in exceptional circumstances. In addition, only people who have received the medal themselves can hand it out. I like the medals and what they stand for, so asking to change that was not an option for me.

These "likes" would be available to hand out for and to everybody. For example, that could stimulate and encourage new players (that cannot qualify for a medal yet)