Author Topic: Religion/Role Playing Question  (Read 3800 times)

egamma

Re: Religion/Role Playing Question
« Topic Start: July 31, 2013, 07:32:23 PM »
I do like it when people come up with unique RP aspects for IG religions. However, I don't really see this particular concept as all that viable. A pacifist religion in BattleMaster? That's like sitting down to play a multi-player auto racing game with some friends, and picking the car that doesn't run. And then telling all your buddies that they have to pick the car that doesn't run, too.

RPing is great. Having a good RP concept for your religion is great. Self-imposed limitations based on your RP'd theology is great. But the self-imposed limitations need to not be so restrictive that the players involved are restricted from experiencing the majority of what the game is all about.

Maybe this concept just isn't for me. But I can't really see it gaining much (any?) traction so long as its core concept is pacifism to the point that even self-defense is forbidden. I can't even see this gaining any traction as a guild, either.

Same here; I scrolled down to say exactly this. We need more battles in battlemaster, not less; otherwise we will continue to lose players and not attract new players.