Author Topic: Favourite class  (Read 8741 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite class
« Topic Start: August 05, 2013, 03:07:48 PM »
I actually have three classes I favour and all give you entirely different "storylines" or ways to play the game;

• The Cavalier: high honour and prestige. Being the white knight and trying to maintain the highest standard of honour is surely entertaining and does entertain me a lot, even though it's a cliché. Additionally you get to recruit massive units, certainly now that there's plenty of gold to go around in Battlemaster. The downparts are that you cannot do everything a regular can, but the prestige and honour gain is really good and well thought out.
  • The Priest: if you find yourself the right religion and, preferably, you manage to attach that religion to the realm, being a priest can be so much fun. I often believe that priesthood is very underrated. It isn't hard to obtain the preaching skill as long as you don't mind brainless preaching for a month or two. After that, if you wish, you can unleash hell for the heathens in well picked regions. Toss in some proper preaching-planning and you convert regions day after day. A powerful priest can do more than an army that costs 10 000 gold.
  • The Infiltrator: ever felt like some ruler has been ruling a realm you don't really like for way too long? Become an infiltrator and wait for the right moment to strike. The power to topple people from their position is in your hands. You only need a willing mecenas that will provide you with several thousand coins to fund your several-month training, but after that you are a deadly weapon that can decapitate an army or throw it into disarray. The only requirement is you don't get caught too often. It's a shame to have 3000 gold invested in you and be executed two weeks after you finish your training.

I would like hero more if my heroes would actually die in battle. I've tried everything, but even charging solo into the enemy lines did not get me killed. Perhaps my experience with various other classes is a little limited. I'm sure a trader or bureaucrat can be very rewarding too, but it doesn't really get me into the action I want from battlemaster: war.
Ardet nec consumitur.