Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Protesting rulers

Started by Vellos, August 07, 2013, 06:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vellos

So, question:

Can you protest a ruler out of office using exclusively silent protests?

In Caelum we've had a boatload of protests and about 5-10 turns straight of the ruler losing prestige and honor: he's down to 5 prestige now. We haven't had lots of public protests, however, so I'm wondering how this works. Do we have to protest publicly to get him out of office?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

Absolutely. There is no special requirement that public protests be used.

It just increases the number needed by a not insignificant amount.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

Sounds good. From the looks of it the ringleaders have started going public anyways, so we should get this thing sorted out soon enough.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Poliorketes

Oh Dear!... And this time what is the reason?  ;D

Chaotrance13

Quote from: Poliorketes on August 14, 2013, 01:20:36 PM
Oh Dear!... And this time what is the reason?  ;D

Ask in-game or something. The Locals are locked for a reason.

Poliorketes

Quote from: Ravier on August 14, 2013, 01:37:45 PM
Ask in-game or something. The Locals are locked for a reason.

Yes, you are right... but the communication is so hard in inter-realm ways!... mmm... maybe It could be helped... a gossip guild could be useful!  ;D 'The Old Tavern'... I like it!  8)

Indirik

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.