Author Topic: Responses to things people would change  (Read 15583 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Responses to things people would change
« Topic Start: August 07, 2013, 05:15:34 PM »
If you go individually against a power block, it's not a surprise. But if there truly are so many people who dislike the status quo, it should be easy to oppose the alliance with an alliance.

We did that, very recently in fact: We assembled an alliance of every non-League of the Eagle realm on the entire island to fight them. And guess what? We still lost. If that doesn't illustrate the futility of trying to change things on Atamara, I don't know what can.

I'm not saying everyone is stupid to not have thought of that. I'm saying that you might be underestimating the amount of people who are actually in favour of the current status. That you demean them as sheeple is a good indicator that you don't take that opinion seriously.

You may be right. That doesn't change the fact that it's not good for the game to let power dynamics on an island stabilize and start to calcify the way they have. What works for a plurality of established players large enough to maintain the status quo is not necessarily good for others, including and especially new players. You end up with a system that favors a few and excludes many, and that is a recipe for long-term decline. And that's exactly why we're in the situation we're in now.