Author Topic: Limited Wars  (Read 51066 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Limited Wars
« Reply #135: August 20, 2013, 06:22:02 PM »
I'll be interested to see how that pans out. Unless there's also some other sort of balancing effect planned, it sounds like it might make it even easier for larger realms to stomp all over smaller ones. Larger realms with more regions will naturally find it easier to disable many of the RC in a realm with fewer regions than a smaller realm will find it to disable enough RC in a larger realm to make any significant impact.
There are some other changes on the slate that should hopefully help to improve things more for small realms (or make it harder for large realms, I forget exactly which those are offhand).
Keep in mind that it is completely reasonable, and logical, that a significantly larger realm (or one with significantly more nobles) should find it easier  to achieve victory over a significantly smaller realm (or one with significantly fewer nobles). The changes that we are talking about are ways to help prevent total destruction, or provide incentives to end the war short of total destruction.

If you pick a fight with a significantly larger realm (i.e. Eponlyn V. Perdan in a 1v1 war), or they single you out and you can't get help, you *should* get your ass kicked. We're not here to ensure that all realms have an equal chance to win every war. If that were true, then what would be the point of struggling to become a big, powerful realm in the first place?

While we will need to evaluate this feature to ensure that larger realms can't rampantly exploit this feature to make it ridiculously easier to roflstomp smaller realms, in no way is it intended as any kind of ground-leveling feature.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.