Main Menu

Add total amount of food remaining to regional report.

Started by Bael, August 06, 2013, 10:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bael

Summary: A regional report tells me how much food I am losing, but doesn't tell me how much I have left. This small extra amount of information would be much more valuable than finding out how much I just lost.

Details: As a Lord or Knight of a region, I get a regional report:

Regional Report for Twainville   (3 hours, 35 minutes ago)
message to the lord and knights of Twainville

It tells me a whole lot of useful things, but could say more:

Todays harvest could not cover the consumption. 21 bushels were taken from the granary.

Adding the text:

21 bushels were taken from the granary and xxx remain.

Would provide much more valuable data.

Benefits: Would provide a lot more useful information and eliminate the need for the Lord to keep checking if he has enough food.

Exploits: Could order a Knight to keep track of the food? Not much of an exploit though.

Tom

good suggestion. Sometimes we just miss the obvious things.

Chenier

Quote from: Bael on August 06, 2013, 10:37:27 AM

Summary: A regional report tells me how much food I am losing, but doesn't tell me how much I have left. This small extra amount of information would be much more valuable than finding out how much I just lost.

Details: As a Lord or Knight of a region, I get a regional report:

Regional Report for Twainville   (3 hours, 35 minutes ago)
message to the lord and knights of Twainville

It tells me a whole lot of useful things, but could say more:

Todays harvest could not cover the consumption. 21 bushels were taken from the granary.

Adding the text:

21 bushels were taken from the granary and xxx remain.

Would provide much more valuable data.

Benefits: Would provide a lot more useful information and eliminate the need for the Lord to keep checking if he has enough food.

Exploits: Could order a Knight to keep track of the food? Not much of an exploit though.

21 bushels were taken from the granary and xxx remain, which should last for about YY days.

Just an idea. Partially redundant info, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

Not really redundant. That would mean that it gives you the information in two places. In this case, it's doing the math for you. (Which can be a boon to those that just brainfart the math occasionally.) The one thing it could do, though, is give  false impression of your safety margin since it won't account for rot, militia, or other troops in the region. These can be significant for big cities (capitals) with lots of troops. Better than nothing, though. I would appreciate seeing it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Fleugs

Quote from: Chénier on August 06, 2013, 03:00:46 PM
21 bushels were taken from the granary and xxx remain, which should last for about YY days.

Just an idea. Partially redundant info, though.

I think this is a nice addition to the suggestion. Overall I like the idea.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Tom

Quote from: Indirik on August 06, 2013, 06:14:27 PM
The one thing it could do, though, is give  false impression of your safety margin since

Yes, the final wording should point that out very clearly, otherwise people will complain about it.

egamma

Blue Star

Why would a knight be interested in the amount of food in his region, save if he is a courtier or steward or a trader, I think it wouldn't specifically be noteworthy to add.

Knight concerns aren't food that is the region lords/banker/steward's concern. Possible it would be improved if the line was taking away, all together. Knights have little dealings with food beside keeping their units well fed, long as they are why would they generally care for how much food is being consumed on a daily bases?
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Bael

Quote from: Blue Star on August 15, 2013, 02:15:53 AM
Why would a knight be interested in the amount of food in his region, save if he is a courtier or steward or a trader, I think it wouldn't specifically be noteworthy to add.

Knight concerns aren't food that is the region lords/banker/steward's concern. Possible it would be improved if the line was taking away, all together. Knights have little dealings with food beside keeping their units well fed, long as they are why would they generally care for how much food is being consumed on a daily bases?

The lord also sees the report. It would be helpful for the lord to see it. If it also provides opportunity for Knight/Lord interaction (why are you not feeding people properly?) or other types of player interaction, then all the better.