Author Topic: The Way Forward  (Read 56437 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Way Forward
« Reply #15: August 18, 2013, 08:54:03 PM »
Another way to address the low noble count is to re-think the character limits rules. That doesn't mean abolishing character limits, but perhaps the rules can be tweaked. For example:
  • Rather than increasing +1 every 12 months, every 9 or 10 months instead.
  • Offer a +1 to certain players on the condition that their character will be in a fledgling realm or island.
  • Give out more medals
  • Give a fam/honour/prestige boost to players who go to fledgling, or less desirable realms or islands.

These are just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure the BattleMaster Brain-Trust, i.e. the collective genius of all of us, could come up with more and better innovations.
While BM is lacking characters its more of a player density issue than a character density issue. Same players, more characters? Thats less time to send messages and its also more spread around so instead of three characters with 4 messages sent each they have the same amount of time so it becomes 4 characters with 3 messages each. Increasing active character limit is not a solution to the problem.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton