Author Topic: Medals  (Read 5228 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Medals
« Topic Start: August 24, 2013, 10:42:49 PM »
This is off topic, but how do medals work?  I've been playing for 4(?) years and have never been able to grant them.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Medals
« Reply #1: August 24, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »
In my experience, you can begin granting medals when you have at least 5 of one type (if you've got 5 trust medals, you can grant trust medals, but not other types). At this low level, you can only grant to non-realmmates though. At a higher amount (10? higher?), you can also grant medals to realmmates. Looking at your family page, you only have one medal total, so that would explain why you can't grant any medals.

Recently, code has been implemented to replenish your medal giving supply over time. Previously, if you ran out of medals to give you had to wait until you were given new medals.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 24, 2013, 11:04:35 PM »
I've been able to give out medals of a particular type after receiving two of them.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 24, 2013, 11:19:27 PM »
Interesting. I have 2 fun medals and haven't had the option to give any away. There's probably a bit of other factors to fuzz the numbers I've noticed, but I think they're a decent guideline.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 24, 2013, 11:26:01 PM »
That would mean that your best chance at getting medals lies in messaging people from other realms. That correlates with how I've earned medals in the past -- on both occasions it was by sending roleplay messages to foreigners. I shall have to do that more frequently in the future methinks.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 24, 2013, 11:28:44 PM »
That would mean that your best chance at getting medals lies in messaging people from other realms. That correlates with how I've earned medals in the past -- on both occasions it was by sending roleplay messages to foreigners. I shall have to do that more frequently in the future methinks.

All the more reason to join as many guilds and religions as your characters can.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 25, 2013, 09:28:23 AM »
who cares about medals

isn't the whole point about not actively trying to get them or acknowledging them?

The discussion is about solving the low number of players/characters. Earning medals is one way for a player to increase his character limit.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 25, 2013, 09:40:42 AM »
It's one of the ways which takes so long that it's basically irrelevant for short term retention.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 25, 2013, 10:32:45 AM »
It's one of the ways which takes so long that it's basically irrelevant for short term retention.

Correct, hence the talk about possible ways to increase medals distribution to make it easier for players to increase their character limit sooner.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 25, 2013, 02:49:29 PM »
That's historically incorrect, the off topic medal discussion began:

Kai, it seems like you're trying to pick a fight. Medals have been mentioned several times in this thread prior to the posting you quoted. Instead of crapping on what other people say, why not come with some constructive ideas?

It's also logically incoherent because noble limit is much more important than active limit.

Thank you, this is an important point you make. It wouldn't help the character density problem to increase the character limit unless the active character limit is also increased.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 25, 2013, 10:58:17 PM »
Interesting. I have 2 fun medals and haven't had the option to give any away. There's probably a bit of other factors to fuzz the numbers I've noticed, but I think they're a decent guideline.

I have one fun medal, I have given one fun medal recently and can still give another :). How that works, I really couldn't say.

I don't know whether it would matter or not, but I also have 7 trust and 1 roleplaying.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 26, 2013, 04:24:31 AM »
Pretty sure I would be competing for least medals per time played.

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 26, 2013, 04:28:43 AM »
Beat 6 years and no medal.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 26, 2013, 07:28:16 AM »
Beat 6 years and no medal.
You need talk more with other players beside the usual group that you hang out with me think ;)

I have been playing since year 2009. Thus far I have like 6 Trust Medals, 2 Roleplaying Medals and 2 Fun Medals. Recently I started to give more Medals after being reminded on one of the forum posts somewhere. In my humble opinion, we should remind the players who have medals from time to time, to give out medals. Set a reminder or something rewarding those who give back to the game. In a way, we encourage the game interaction as without us talking with other players in the game, we will not simply give a medal to a player who we may even do not know about.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 26, 2013, 08:21:17 AM »
I played 6 years as a drone with 0 medals, the 6 medals i have now are all from 2013 when i decided to actually play the game
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words