Poll

How do you feel about playing in Madina?

As soon as I get the oportunity i will start a character there.
0 (0%)
I started playing right now!
1 (5%)
Never ever, over my dead body!
14 (70%)
No, but if.... I would(please explain, comment below)
1 (5%)
I'm not sure
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 17, 2011, 12:37:31 PM

Author Topic: Madina needs YOU!  (Read 79866 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Madina needs YOU!
« Reply #105: May 26, 2011, 08:17:50 PM »
What about eastern religions like Buddhism? They don't pray to anyone in particular, though they might venerate particularly enlightened humans or practice ancestor worship. Not SMA?
SMA is defined as distinctly European style, and does not include things like eastern philosophical religions, or other non-European models. That's why the Blood Cult never got started on Dwilight. Tom thought it was a good idea, and would even fit the BattleMaster mold in general, but that it was inappropriate for Dwilight as it did not fit his vision of SMA.

Because I would actually say that SA has distinctly eastern influences - the Stars are not exactly gods (as only rarely are they described as having a conscious will), they are simply inherently divine, much like natural objects or places can be considered to have divine aspects in Shinto. Much of what SA teaches about their influence on the lives of men and the need to balance their influences within oneself is evocative of aspects of Buddhism and Taoism both.
Sure. But Sanguis Astroism does have a set of "divine things/beings" to which the adherents pray, and from which they seek guidance.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.