Poll

How do you feel about playing in Madina?

As soon as I get the oportunity i will start a character there.
0 (0%)
I started playing right now!
1 (5%)
Never ever, over my dead body!
14 (70%)
No, but if.... I would(please explain, comment below)
1 (5%)
I'm not sure
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 17, 2011, 12:37:31 PM

Author Topic: Madina needs YOU!  (Read 77409 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Madina needs YOU!
« Reply #135: May 31, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Madina voluntarily stepped up and stood in line with these two, so don't be surprised when you're identified right along with them.

Don't you worry, i don't. :P

Madina is bound to be minsunderstood.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: May 31, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »
You obviously didn't see Prime Minister Florence's declaration of war, the one she announced in the Ruler's channel. It was definitely not aimed at a particular realm so much as it was at all of SA. It was *militant*. The prevailing impression in SA is that Madina is as rabidly anti-SA as Averoth was, if not even more so due to the fact that their history of antagonism toward SA goes even further back in time.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: May 31, 2011, 11:13:16 PM »
You obviously didn't see Prime Minister Florence's declaration of war, the one she announced in the Ruler's channel. It was definitely not aimed at a particular realm so much as it was at all of SA. It was *militant*. The prevailing impression in SA is that Madina is as rabidly anti-SA as Averoth was, if not even more so due to the fact that their history of antagonism toward SA goes even further back in time.

Geuss where Florence is now?
Madina is a banded bunch of individualists, they all have a different opinion on these things.
Some believe Florence always acted in full cooperation with the Libero rebels that rule(ed) over Candiels, who are militantly anti SA in fact.
Or better to say militantly against everything.
I bet if you pour there guts al over the streets they still won't surrender, even if you'd feed them.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: May 31, 2011, 11:19:39 PM »
From the outside we don't see that lack of cohesion. All anyone in SA is going to remember for years to come is Prime Minister Florence's screed (which I obligingly shared with the Church at large) and the assassination attempt from years back on Allison Kabrinski. I would assume though that Madina has little interest in what SA thinks of it.

Be careful about Aurvandil. They sound a lot like the Averothians and Saxons. If they have contacts or allies among those groups, you may wake up tomorrow to discover that they suddenly have 40 nobles and seemingly limitless supplies of gold  ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: May 31, 2011, 11:24:35 PM »
I'd say that in Madina's anarchistic system, if the ruler could make such a speech without anyone hearing counter-voices from within, it made it sound as if the feeling was unanimous in the realm.

That's how I saw it, at least. A strong ruler can impose a minority will on the majority. You wouldn't assume a weak ruler to be able to push a minority position so strongly without hearing anything about the dissidents.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: May 31, 2011, 11:53:48 PM »
I'd say that in Madina's anarchistic system,

Madina can be total anarchy, in the future we hopefully have 3 powerful dukes, the Grand Doge and the Lord Admiral all screeming and yelling against each other. That in combination with druken sailors in every port, landed lords only looking for own profit it's the perfect mix of backstabbing, sceeming, plotting and anarchy. Just like Madina should be  ;D

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: June 01, 2011, 12:14:42 AM »
Madina can be total anarchy, in the future we hopefully have 3 powerful dukes, the Grand Doge and the Lord Admiral all screeming and yelling against each other. That in combination with druken sailors in every port, landed lords only looking for own profit it's the perfect mix of backstabbing, sceeming, plotting and anarchy. Just like Madina should be  ;D

So basically, you want to be Pian en Luries?  8)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: June 01, 2011, 12:38:40 AM »

I totally wouldn't count on it, though, unless by future you mean 10 years following a miracle that reversed the decline of the player base.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #143: June 01, 2011, 03:57:55 PM »
So basically, you want to be Pian en Luries?  8)
Is that still going on in Pian en Luries?
(Oh, and get a real banner.  ;))
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: June 02, 2011, 12:25:25 AM »
Is that still going on in Pian en Luries?
(Oh, and get a real banner.  ;))

You think we are going to let a small thing like ousting the Queen and losing half our realm get in the way of our private feuds and plots? We are nobles good sir, we have a natural talent at ignoring anything that doesn't fit into our plans.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #145: June 02, 2011, 12:58:38 AM »
Well, I guess that the current geographical location does not provide you with other things to occupy the mind.  ??? Enough time for your feuds and plots.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: June 02, 2011, 10:24:55 AM »
[Scribe:158652|a884ba245f83d34c]      Battle in Candiels      fresh

The fun goes on, what a slauther

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: June 02, 2011, 11:11:25 AM »

how the hell are we supposed to see that?

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: June 02, 2011, 11:24:31 AM »
copy/paste that into any letter while logged into your Dwilight character.  Then click the preview button on the message.  You can then click the link.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #149: June 02, 2011, 12:12:18 PM »

Was Templars (19) supposed to deploy in the front? I can see how his sacrifice worked out great.