Author Topic: Banker bug  (Read 5719 times)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
Banker bug
« Topic Start: September 27, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »
The banker of Corsanctum, Miller Mcfluffy is having bugs with accepting sell/buy offers. There was a related bug on the bugtracker and I gave feedback, though I cant be 100% sure its related cause I am not the one having problems.

Letter from Miller McFluffy   (12 hours, 15 minutes ago)
i have tried to accept the offer (buy and selling) from city or rurall area. but the trading was also didn't success.

Miller McFluffy
Fiduciary of Corsanctum
Margravine of Unterstrom Vorstadt
star  [reply to sender] | [ignore] | [userdetails] | [vulgarity]
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Banker bug
« Reply #1: September 27, 2013, 06:38:21 PM »
Can you post the link to the related bug?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 27, 2013, 06:39:54 PM »
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=7788

Ban asked for names so I gave the banker's character name
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 30, 2013, 06:44:44 AM »
Hmmm, I also couldnt accept the offers the Banker made.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 01, 2013, 01:35:56 AM »
He didn't mention any errors when he sent that message. Unless that was simply left out, there are two bugs here and conflating them will make figuring this out very hard.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 01, 2013, 03:29:26 AM »
I am not sure about the banker, but when i tried to accept the offer, it just didnt went through but I had the messages and all.
There were no error messages.

Food Bought   (21 hours ago)
Justus has bought 60 bushels of food for the granary.

Food Bought   (21 hours ago)

Food Bought   (20 hours, 59 minutes ago)

These were all the exact same offer.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 01, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
Maybe its related to this one? The food sold message appears, but there is neither a transfer of bonds or food.

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=7828

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 02, 2013, 02:07:19 AM »
That looks like it. Thanks.
The Stefanovics live.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 02, 2013, 02:26:23 AM »
Fixed as soon as Tim cleans up the database.
The Stefanovics live.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 02, 2013, 05:49:55 AM »
Thanks!  ;D

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 28, 2014, 09:45:27 PM »
So.... did it ever get fixed? I've got a situation where my fiduciary buys my food and then sells it to whoever needs it, but I never receive any gold/bonds for it.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 28, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »
So.... did it ever get fixed? I've got a situation where my fiduciary buys my food and then sells it to whoever needs it, but I never receive any gold/bonds for it.
Does he buy your food or just sell it? The banker can just directly your region's market and the sell the food like a steward if you give him permission.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 05, 2014, 09:06:17 AM »
Does he buy your food or just sell it? The banker can just directly your region's market and the sell the food like a steward if you give him permission.

Dwilight is broken at the moment or I would look up exactly what he said. I get a report when he sells the food that says he collects the money from the sale. As my character is in need of money, I complained about this, he told me that gold is removed from him when he buys it, so he's not making a profit.

Even if he were selling my food as a steward, shouldn't my region be getting the money that is being collected from the buyer?

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 05, 2014, 09:39:41 AM »
I think that's intended behaviour, sell/buy offers are attached to the buyer/seller and goes directly to them. The only time that gold goes directly to the region is through automatic offers.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 05, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »
Dwilight is broken at the moment or I would look up exactly what he said. I get a report when he sells the food that says he collects the money from the sale. As my character is in need of money, I complained about this, he told me that gold is removed from him when he buys it, so he's not making a profit.

What most probably happens is that the banker is responsible both for the selling and the buying. The report says correctly that he pockets money from the sale, but it is his own money, so he's not really making a profit. He would only make money if was selling food to a pre-established buying offer that was set up by someone else.

You can avoid this by removing his access to your granaries, but you'll have to manage your food yourself then.
After all it's a roleplaying game.