Author Topic: What prevents game to be competitive... i.e. to be a game.  (Read 29586 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
1. Since the time religions are castrated being deprived of ability to collect gold and with situation where religious takeover became only hypothetical possibility, all what I saw with religions is that they split in two types of religions: theocratic religions or religions tightly tied with some realm's hierarchies and independent religions. First group, who was more powerful before as well, now became overly too powerful, and other group cannot be significant in any way, anymore. so, now, on continents, we can see either totally dominant or completely weak religions. there will never be clashes or possibilities to change something in-game.

I believe that religions in general should be more powerful. Their power should matter. Currently the consequences of their actions are punished too harshly while it achieves too little. This regards the option to influence followers. Relgions are the closest connection to the peasants. Their propaganda should matter. If a Cardinal is in a region stirring the people up, causing civil unrest, it should really make a difference. Currently is is almost never used because it is an easy way to lose many followers. That shouldn't be the case. While I understand that you lose some followers who really disagree with you, the religion usually provides someone's principles, values and morals, and the majority blindly follows the Church's path.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar