Poll

Is infiltrator worth while? If no, what class do you think is more fun and why?

Yes
11 (55%)
Diplomat
2 (10%)
Cavalier
4 (20%)
Trader
2 (10%)
Courtier
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Infiltrator class, is it worth it?  (Read 10336 times)

Eirikr

Re: Infiltrator class, is it worth it?
« Reply #30: December 13, 2013, 09:21:49 PM »
I agree that the line between the known and unknown could be adjusted a bit in some cases. For example, I think that it should be common knowledge that noble count, police activity, whatever, whatever affect ones chance of successfully pulling off an infiltrator action while details like the formulas used should remain hidden. As I see it, if a trained infiltrator would know it, then the information should be available to the player base. Same thing for other classes. I have never been a big fan of depending on players to know what their characters know. When RPing, it is easy for there to be a disconnect in such matters...

Noble count and police activity aren't common knowledge? I believe police activity is stated right on the infil actions page (albeit somewhat hidden in the leading paragraph before you choose options) and noble count is pretty easy to check. Both of those would be pretty logical to assume as well. Maybe other factors like strength/number of militia and such are a little more uncertain as to whether they affect anything...

Provided we assume that these pieces of information aren't clearly communicated as risks, I think it'd be just perfect to mention them as "because of XYZ, there is a higher risk"... the formula itself should never come out.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Infiltrator class, is it worth it?
« Reply #31: December 14, 2013, 07:49:00 AM »
So people haven't figured out the infiltrator trick, yet?

Never go hunting for someone, more likely to fail than not now. Best practice well as Tom said get good sward(on purpose) fight then switch to Infiltrator. Since we can have units, use it to your advantage, carry lots of scouts, pretend you a regularly solider and then...

As the night falls he leaves his men at the camp and heads into the hills quietly going about with his hood raised around his head, he spots the enemy camp and moves swiftly just outside the lights of the fire and he waits as it gets deeper into the night and the fire dims softly. He makes his way into camp going unnoticed blending in with the shadows, he enters a tent of a sleeping noble, the count of Monte Cristo, sliding between the tent flaps he makes his way over the count and leans above him hand in his sleeve he pulls... a dagger from within and aims at the man intending to do mortal harm....

He strikes leaving the count in pain as the pointed tipped dagger breaks the skin and does it's job, all the count hears as the tents flap open slightly is a jingle from a bell and the fire light vanishing as darkness falls upon the tent.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)