Author Topic: Religion  (Read 27332 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Religion
« Reply #75: December 20, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
I don't recall any specific instance of RTO ability being nerfed. Not that it didn't happen, but I just can't recall any specific changes that would have caused that. Do you remember any details about what the change was?
It is no longer possible to RTO rogue regions. I believe that was the nerf that was implied after the Sirion-Fontan war.

i was thinking about realm-level taxation of religions, while allowing it to be different for different religions.
I believe that if you decide to tax religions, make it a property-tax based on the size of the temple and the height of the tax rate depended on also the local tax rate. For example, you pay 5 gold for a small temple, and 10 gold for a large temple at a local tax rate of 15%. At 10% you pay less and at 20% you pay more. But the height of the tax you pay is no longer dependent on the amount of gold you have stored in the temple. Temples with empty treasuries still have to pay taxes, and it becomes more interesting to store more gold in the temples treasury, because it is no longer the treasury that is being taxed.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar