Author Topic: Must Have Guilds?  (Read 3339 times)

Buck

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Must Have Guilds?
« Topic Start: October 31, 2013, 11:55:32 PM »
Does any realm have a very successful obscure guild? I have some ideas and I am wondering if they have been done before. I think there should be;

1. A Duel Club- where the winner is the top rank and gets a unique item that gets passed on to the person that beats that current title.
2. Dark Cloak Society- Where people that are infiltrators or looking to hire infiltrators can go to this guild and hire their services.

Thoughts? Ideas?
"Let the Wookie win."

Buck

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Must Have Guilds?
« Reply #1: October 31, 2013, 11:57:29 PM »
Training matches I mean! :o not Duels!!
"Let the Wookie win."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 01, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »
Both of these ideas are quite common. Am infill guild just started quite recently on EC in Skezard.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #3: November 01, 2013, 12:14:29 AM »
If you're talking about Secret Societies, I've seen a few attempting to operate like the Illuminati on certain continents.

Buck

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 01, 2013, 12:31:13 AM »
It is hard to think of something that is completely unique...but fun when someone does. We had a poetry guild house for some time but when the founder died it faded too..

"If you're talking about Secret Societies, I've seen a few attempting to operate like the Illuminati on certain continents."

How does this work? Cool.

"Let the Wookie win."

Eirikr

« Reply #5: November 01, 2013, 02:27:10 AM »
Another common "must have" guild is an adventurer coordination guild. There's a couple of different approaches, though:
  • Dedicate commoners to your realm by offering protection.
  • Allow only your own commoners.
  • Allow everybody under the sun!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 01, 2013, 03:17:44 AM »
Another common "must have" guild is an adventurer coordination guild. There's a couple of different approaches, though:
  • Dedicate commoners to your realm by offering protection.
  • Allow only your own commoners.
  • Allow everybody under the sun!

I'm never a fan of these guilds. I understand the efficiency desire, but they always seem so damn kindly towards the advies.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Eirikr

« Reply #7: November 01, 2013, 06:29:22 AM »
I'm never a fan of these guilds. I understand the efficiency desire, but they always seem so damn kindly towards the advies.

I somewhat agree, but I like the approach some have taken where nobles speak for the advies or place two members in contact. I've just created one of my own in Arcaea, but it makes sense for that character... He scrapped his way up to nobility from adventuring, so he knows there's a need. I think the key is keeping it at an "efficient, but not for the sole sake of efficiency"; that is, not just having the guild be a random hub where someone just calls out and gets the advy/buyer they need, but an organized single (or limited) point of contact with the lower class. Then again, this could also just be me idealizing my own system.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 01, 2013, 10:32:13 PM »
Infiltrator guilds are on every contient some more visibly than others. EI and AT have a few of them. I remember a realm being called assassin or something once.

Dueling guilds, don't last long from what i've seen.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 06, 2013, 01:46:48 AM »
We have a Guild in Sirion (East Continent) for something like training matches. We also have the E.C.D.A., a larger guild in many places dedicated to interaction among the nobles of different realms with the excuse that it's sole to discuss about drinks and beverages.

I had a Secrec Society in Sirion during the Great War, to gather the military minds and discuss the plans and orders in a time of too much fear of spies. About Infiltrators and Adventurers, many realms have this kind of guilds.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!