Author Topic: Heavy RP Region  (Read 4602 times)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy RP Region
« Topic Start: November 09, 2013, 04:11:20 PM »
But it would. Say 50% of the realm likes the idea, and a group form that runs it this way nicely for a good year or so. Now somehow another player gets control of the region, say by popular vote. They lack the time/inclination or whatever to maintain the system, yet if there are still a good group that like it, won't they feel under pressure not to break the link? If the group maintain it without input from the Lord I have no problem with it. But as soon as we have a situation where we are either restricting control of that region to a group of players willing to maintain the RP, or expecting whomever has control of it to participate, I have a problem with it.

If it runs on its own for a year, then we have a years worth of history behind it. If 50% of a realm are behind the idea, and the other 50% vote in someone who isn't behind it, then the idea will either go under for that region or someone else can write a snippet for that lord. In game they can monitor the region and maintain its history. Maybe check with the current region lord if they want to add anything.

Maybe I should look into a historians guild. I suppose the whole idea doesn't require the region lord to be apart of the concept. All it requires is a handful of people to keep tabs on a region and submit accounts to the wiki.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)