Author Topic: Great Dwilight War, Pt. 2: The Southern League vs. Luria Nova  (Read 51593 times)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
FR is Canada.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
This, or Mexico.

Luria would have to approach FR to invade D'hara only for FR to refuse and stay neutral.

FR, like Canada, has a more "we were there too... sort of." involvement.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
If you know your history you'll know that FR isnt Canada. The only wars we werent involved in were Vietnam and Gulf War mission accomplished part II... The rest of the wars were us going in years ahead of the states and kicking ass. FR is Greenland, a small satellite kingdom of another larger kingdom with almost no military and no diplomatic policy of its own yet allows every country arpund it to station troops there.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Roran

• Knight
    • View Profile
Sadly we lack a one province nation that was absorbed to play Belgium. My nationalism has been thoroughly stomped into the ground before getting a chance to show up ^^;

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Sadly we lack a one province nation that was absorbed to play Belgium. My nationalism has been thoroughly stomped into the ground before getting a chance to show up ^^;

Well, there used to be Myern, which was lead by a Belgian IIRC :P

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Well, there used to be Myern, which was lead by a Belgian IIRC :P

Never forget.

King was Erasel Arnel, iirc.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roran, all of barca is belgian people  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
If you know your history you'll know that FR isnt Canada. The only wars we werent involved in were Vietnam and Gulf War mission accomplished part II... The rest of the wars were us going in years ahead of the states and kicking ass. FR is Greenland, a small satellite kingdom of another larger kingdom with almost no military and no diplomatic policy of its own yet allows every country arpund it to station troops there.
Can you give an example of Canada "years ahead of the states and kicking ass", preferably with WW2 since that was the metaphor it was being applied to? As well, what nation is Greenland a satellite nation of? I am idiot for thinking Greenland wasn't a satellite nation for a moment, foremost Iceland but as well Scandinavia in general as that is where the people of Iceland came from IIRC.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Can you give an example of Canada "years ahead of the states and kicking ass", preferably with WW2 since that was the metaphor it was being applied to? As well, what nation is Greenland a satellite nation of? I am idiot for thinking Greenland wasn't a satellite nation for a moment, foremost Iceland but as well Scandinavia in general as that is where the people of Iceland came from IIRC.

In both world Wars Canada entered the conflict with Britain, so years ahead of military action from the US. As well as troops for the West European and Italian fronts, they supplied quite a lot of air crew, and trained even more in Canada as part of a system to train RAF personnel away from the threat of attacks in England. I don't know about the "kicking arse" comments. Canadians have generally proven to be competent and reliable troops over the decades though.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
In both world Wars Canada entered the conflict with Britain, so years ahead of military action from the US. As well as troops for the West European and Italian fronts, they supplied quite a lot of air crew, and trained even more in Canada as part of a system to train RAF personnel away from the threat of attacks in England. I don't know about the "kicking arse" comments. Canadians have generally proven to be competent and reliable troops over the decades though.
Hmmm, thanks for letting me know. (It wasn't previously an insult towards Canada, just simply a lack of knowledge by me.) As well since you seem to know some about this, could you tell me about a major battle the Canadians took part in?

Btw, so far it seems like Swordfell would be Switzerland and Phantaria...hmmm... I don't know what Phantaria is.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:37:03 AM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Btw, so far it seems like Swordfell would be Switzerland and Phantaria...hmmm... I don't know what Phantaria is.

Egypt.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Roran

• Knight
    • View Profile
About the Canadians, I'll give you this link to TV tropes. It's not 100% accurate or the best wiki there is, but damn, they know how to tell a story.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/CanucksWithChinooks?from=Main.CanucksWithChinooks

Otherwise, check wikipedia.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Hmmm, thanks for letting me know. (It wasn't previously an insult towards Canada, just simply a lack of knowledge by me.) As well since you seem to know some about this, could you tell me about a major battle the Canadians took part in?

For World War II, look up Dieppe, the liberation of the Netherlands, and of course Normandy (Juno Beach). Canada suffered relatively speaking 50% more casualties than the US  in the battle of Normandy (0.15% vs 0.09% of the total country's population), although you have to take into account that the US was also present in the Pacific theatre and more present in the Italian front.

For WWI, you can look up the second battle of Ypres and Passchendaele.

Canada was also present in most (if not all) UN-approved US-backed military operations since, including Korea, the 1st Gulf war and Bosnia.

I am idiot for thinking Greenland wasn't a satellite nation for a moment, foremost Iceland but as well Scandinavia in general as that is where the people of Iceland came from IIRC.

Greenland was only a satellitle nation of Iceland in the Viking Age. All the people from that settlement probably died out in the 15th century. It was re-colonized in the 17th/18th century by Denmark.

In WWII, Greenland was US-occupied.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Hehe during WW1 my family was forced to house German imperial troops, and later on, Canadians.  :)

During WW2 my grandparents also remember it was mostly Canadians marching into Brussels. My Grandpa also remembers the day the war started like it was yesterday, German planes flying all over Belgium and bombing all the factories and railroads.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:10:55 PM by Wolfang »