Author Topic: Great Dwilight War, Pt. 2: The Southern League vs. Luria Nova  (Read 52621 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Hmmm, thanks for letting me know. (It wasn't previously an insult towards Canada, just simply a lack of knowledge by me.) As well since you seem to know some about this, could you tell me about a major battle the Canadians took part in?

For World War II, look up Dieppe, the liberation of the Netherlands, and of course Normandy (Juno Beach). Canada suffered relatively speaking 50% more casualties than the US  in the battle of Normandy (0.15% vs 0.09% of the total country's population), although you have to take into account that the US was also present in the Pacific theatre and more present in the Italian front.

For WWI, you can look up the second battle of Ypres and Passchendaele.

Canada was also present in most (if not all) UN-approved US-backed military operations since, including Korea, the 1st Gulf war and Bosnia.

I am idiot for thinking Greenland wasn't a satellite nation for a moment, foremost Iceland but as well Scandinavia in general as that is where the people of Iceland came from IIRC.

Greenland was only a satellitle nation of Iceland in the Viking Age. All the people from that settlement probably died out in the 15th century. It was re-colonized in the 17th/18th century by Denmark.

In WWII, Greenland was US-occupied.
After all it's a roleplaying game.