Author Topic: Great Dwilight War, Pt. 2: The Southern League vs. Luria Nova  (Read 52294 times)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Does anyone still have a copy of Rurik's treachery letter? Didn't it have something to do with the welfare of the people of Port Nebel...

I don't have a copy of the letter, but it did include something along the lines of "Our banker telling me my region would have to starve, and would be the last to receive food was unacceptable."

Then drought hit Luria :p
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Indeed, the foremost reason for leaving is because D'Hara would be unable to feed the people of Port Nebel. However, I believe it had a better chance in D'Hara with Barcan food.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Really? I don't remember it being about food at all, I just recall the spout about how we were obsessed with making Luria bad guys and how they were really good guys and everything was really our fault for not being nicer to them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Really? I don't remember it being about food at all, I just recall the spout about how we were obsessed with making Luria bad guys and how they were really good guys and everything was really our fault for not being nicer to them.

Well you are known for your obsession with transforming Luria into bad guys, and transforming anyone who disagrees with you on that in your mind into bad guys. Food was definitely mentioned, I masterminded the whole thing since before I left D'hara.

Barcan food would have saved Port Nebel, but it hadn't been pledged to D'hara at the time Port Nebel defected, and at the time Port Nebel defected Luria hadn't been ravaged quite so hard by drought.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
In any case, Rurik too a high-risk gamble and ended up losing. War is such a lovely thing!

How many months would it take to restore Port Nebel back to old population level?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
In any case, Rurik too a high-risk gamble and ended up losing. War is such a lovely thing!

How many months would it take to restore Port Nebel back to old population level?

Months? Try years...

Worth it if feeding it caused LN to suffer a similar loss in Giask, imo.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Months? Try years...

Worth it if feeding it caused LN to suffer a similar loss in Giask, imo.

It isn't the cause. I won't go into depth, but the acquisition of Port Nebel should not have caused Giask to starve. I'm unsure of how it happened, but Giask was always prioritized. I laughed out loud when I saw it had revolted.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile

After Allison sat on GF and starved it before leaving, it was at 30K (down from 60K) and it took about a year to get it back to where it was. So, probably longer than that.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Gustav Kuriga

After Allison sat on GF and starved it before leaving, it was at 30K (down from 60K) and it took about a year to get it back to where it was. So, probably longer than that.

I remember that. Probably because I was the one left with the mess afterwards...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
The big problems with GF is that *everything around it* starved, too. If *only* Giask starved, then it should recover much faster due to immigration.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Whoa whoa whoa...  that isn't how that went down.   GF starved well well after Allison left and you guys founded Farronite.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
The big problems with GF is that *everything around it* starved, too. If *only* Giask starved, then it should recover much faster due to immigration.

Oh, I thought we were talking about Port Nebel. Having visited the area fairly recently, it's butts all the way down on that island, with the city itself at, what was it, 700 out of 30K max.

Whoa whoa whoa...  that isn't how that went down.   GF starved well well after Allison left and you guys founded Farronite.

That's not... entirely accurate either, but part of it was due to your account getting locked so it wasn't like you could've done much to prevent it after a certain point.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

That's not... entirely accurate either, but part of it was due to your account getting locked so it wasn't like you could've done much to prevent it after a certain point.

My account was locked for 3 days.  On top of which I didn't lose my position because of my account being locked.  I stayed on as Duchess for a few days at the very least after that.  I stayed on as Duchess until after taxes. If the city was starving there wouldn't have been any taxes for me to collect.   
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Oh, I thought we were talking about Port Nebel. Having visited the area fairly recently, it's butts all the way down on that island, with the city itself at, what was it, 700 out of 30K max.
I think I was thinking about the wrong starvation incident. :) Ignore that part of my comment. All I was trying to say is that if *only* Giask starved, and the surrounding regions did not, then recovery should be fairly quick due to immigration.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I think I was thinking about the wrong starvation incident. :) Ignore that part of my comment. All I was trying to say is that if *only* Giask starved, and the surrounding regions did not, then recovery should be fairly quick due to immigration.

Giask connects to Port Nebel (horribly starved), its doughnut, and Askileon. I'm guessing that if Giask was allowed to starve itself rogue, Askileon probably doesn't have huge reserves either...