Author Topic: Embed 'Scout Ahead' to Travel.php?Destination=[int]  (Read 1548 times)

anoobowner

• Knight
  • Vorash Family
    • View Profile
Embed 'Scout Ahead' to Travel.php?Destination=(number):

Summary:
Add the 'scout ahead' option after you have made the decision to travel to a region.

Details:
It just seems natural. It saves you from having to click on your 'travel' tab in order to access this feature. Plus, isn't it sort of logical that you would send a scout once you have made the decision to travel ahead, if not before.

Benefits:
Saves a button click, and a logical inclusion in the interface.

Possible Downsides/Exploits:
Might take 15 minutes to put in.
VORASH FAMILY: Protheon--Riombara | Prospero--Morek | Pamela--Caergoth

"The thing with computer-generated imagery is that it's an incredibly powerful tool for making better visual effects. But I believe in an absolute difference between animation and photography." - Christopher Nolan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yes, this seems pretty obvious.

I've actually wanted this—and, in fact, all the options on play-travel.php—to appear on the Travel page after you've started going for some time now.

When I have time I'll implement it (if someone else on the dev team doesn't beat me to it).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

anoobowner

• Knight
  • Vorash Family
    • View Profile
Cool! Thanks :)

As a rigger/wrangler/TD for the 3D industry, I really respect and appreciate the BM dev team...considering this is a hobby game you guys are really good about troubleshooting, bug fixing, and feature implementation.
VORASH FAMILY: Protheon--Riombara | Prospero--Morek | Pamela--Caergoth

"The thing with computer-generated imagery is that it's an incredibly powerful tool for making better visual effects. But I believe in an absolute difference between animation and photography." - Christopher Nolan