Author Topic: International banking system  (Read 11990 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: International banking system
« Reply #30: January 26, 2014, 07:47:04 AM »
Also some valid points though I don't 100% agree with you. Banks don't just provide a safe place to stash your savings. They provide many services like investing and raising capital, and insurance. Like in my earlier example, it can help you build up your army or establish a guild. In the BM context they might be able to provide some kind of food/insurance services too. Maybe not every character will have use for it, but some will.
Investing and raising capital make no sense in BM as there are no businesses to invest or raise capital for. Insurance could maybe be done with rural lords, but doesn't make much sense as the only time rurals will really have an issue is during war, meaning they know when to get insurance and it would not be very profitable. If you need a loan, the smart thing to do is just to talk to a duke and not have to worry about upkeep and infrastructure. I liked the idea initially and he can feel free to do it, but I simply don't see a way for it to be successful at all.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton