BattleMaster > BM General Discussion

Discriminating Religion

(1/5) > >>

cjnodell:
I am looking for a good discriminating religion. A religion with flavor, that is simple and that believes that theirs is the only true way. A religion that is active. Religions that believe that there is more than one path or to live and let live need not apply! I would like to create a character destined to become a priest and a jerk. One who will stop at nothing to convert the world. For their own good of course...

I have considered Sanguis Astroism but I already have an established character in Dwilight. He, and I, are very vested in the establishment of Barca. A religion on Atamara might work well as I have a character there that could easily take a turn to religious zealot.

Thanks!!!

Bedwyr:
EC: The Church of Ibladesh is currently waging a war to eradicate the other nearby faiths and expand their control over more of the island.

Atamara: Several religions, including some new one in Coria, have it as a major tenet that Magna Serpaensism is evil.

Indirik:
Too bad Torenism isn't still around. Their religious views, at least as espoused on the wiki, were very blatant in their superiority and exporting their views by the sword.

The Torenism wiki page is very detailed. I really like the way it was done. From the outside, it looks like you could have a LOT of fun with it. Unfortunately, it really didn't have the IC strength to back up its religious views. Had I not already had a Dwilight character in SA, I probably would have created a character to follow Torenism.

Geronus:
It's very hard to find good religions like this. SA is one where that strain of thought definitely exists, although you might find yourself disappointed by the number of mushy moderates in the Church. Fortunately, thanks to the intemperate actions of those who dislike SA, the moderates in the Church are mainly either temporarily hawks or are keeping their mouths shut, so it's all fire and the sword at the moment. Wheeee!

CoI is... Interesting. I have not broken into the full member ranks yet, but it seems like an overly nationalistic faith. I mean, it's called the Church of IBLADESH. It's hard to tell where the Church ends and the realm begins. This is a good thing when you're talking theocracy, but I wish that the religion was a little more distinct from the realm. As it is, it feels a little too much like a state religion in the negative sense.

Vellos:
You're in Barca?

Verdis Elementum is pretty committed to fighting Sanguis Astroism.

Triunism is theologically moderate but politically radical. We've had prominent members call for extrajudicial violence against SA members before, as well as attempts at political persecution, and pretty explicit support for Averoth/Caerwyn in the current war. Triunism isn't totally radical like you seem to want, but it has its fair share.

More importantly, Triunism is still fairly small, and so a highly involved radical could have significant influence to change Triunism.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version