Author Topic: Removal of Priest Immunity  (Read 22354 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Removal of Priest Immunity
« Reply #30: January 29, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »
So the whole "you can't kick a priest out of a religion" thing has nothing to do with the IR of playing that class. Banning someone from a realm who is an infiltrator will also make him lose that subclass - no IR violation there.

Except that I'm 99.8% sure that you have used exactly that as a reason why we couldn't allow priests to be kicked out of religions, and as a reason why we couldn't allow deportation of priests.

If you really want, I can try and dig up the posts (probably to the dev list) where you said these things...I can certainly accept that you're changing your mind, but please don't try to tell me this was never an issue.

No, what the game mechanic is intended to do is allow conflict within churches and make sure that priests enjoy some leeway. It's more like tenure.

Fine. Then let's make it less absolute. Even a tenured professor can be fired if they break the law. Right now, this isn't "more leeway"—it's an open invitation to abuse that cannot be stopped short of finding a way to execute the damn priest.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan