Author Topic: T Minus 28 Days  (Read 106723 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: T Minus 28 Days
« Reply #210: March 02, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »
For all of those asking for a complete wipe, really think about what you're saying for a minute.

Right now, this is pissing off players who care about their realm and history in Barca, Kindara, Darka, and Eponllyn.

If we were to simply wipe the entire game and start fresh, it would piss off all those same people, plus the people in Sirion, Suville, Arcaea, Morek, and even Riombara, Thalmarkin, Oritolon, and Outer Tilog.

Yes, this results in some people losing land to ice or monsters and others not.

The answer to that isn't to complain that it's unfair. It's to make sure that the people not losing land to ice or monsters lose it to you guys.

Furthermore, given the scope of the problem we're trying to solve, making completely new maps for the entire game just wouldn't have been realistic within the timeframe we had in which to act. I know: I suggested it first. My original proposal to the dev team to counter the idea of just simply sinking 1 island was, indeed, a total reset, sinking all the existing islands and making new maps (I even bought Age of Wonders; just $6 on Steam!). But realistically, that would have taken months—months when the problems of the game wouldn't have been getting any better, because not only would we have not put anything in place to slow the bleeding, we wouldn't even have time to do bugfixing and new development.

So while I've still got my original idea in my back pocket for some future time when we need to spice up the game further, for now, this is by far the more preferable option.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan