Author Topic: T Minus 28 Days  (Read 114378 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: T Minus 28 Days
« Reply #225: March 02, 2014, 11:20:32 PM »
But I think the biggest problem is that this idea seems too unfair. They were talking about sinking an entire island, but instead they went for the middle ground, which was what I was afraid of. If they had done away with a whole island, no one would end up with an advantage or disadvantage. Yes, some people would be angry, but not enough to want to quit, because if their island sinks, all their enemies sink with it, so no one "wins" due to dumb luck. It's all about perceived fairness.
I think you don't really understand the mindset of quite a few of the players. If we had outright closed Atamara, or Dwilight, how many people would be on the forums flaming away about how we screwed up, and they are quitting "RIGHT NOW!"?

In a game like this, shrinking is a hard decision. No matter how you do it, people will complain, people will swear, and yes, people will even quit. There is simply no way to do it that makes everyone happy.

And by the way, this also isn't really fair to the "winners"- the people who just happen come out on top due to these new circumstances. For instance, I have a character on Far East Island who benefits IMMENSELY from the ice age in the South. This character has been working for years to fight against his enemies down in Kindara, and now I don't even feel like playing this character because the game is making his job too easy.
Declare victory via divine intervention, retire the character, and make a new one to fight against the tyrannical oppression of the empire.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.