Author Topic: T Minus 28 Days  (Read 106432 times)

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: T Minus 28 Days
« Reply #270: March 03, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
I believe this was a good idea, something had to be done and other then creating an entire new continent this was the best solution. Why do I like it, eventhough I lose almost all my only truly active character has achieved the last year, simply because it provides a challange. What is a game without challange?

Seraphen Family

• Peasant
  • Though from Leafwalker to Seraphen we remain true
    • View Profile
« Reply #271: March 03, 2014, 04:55:14 PM »
If you really think that's all that's been coded, then you haven't even remotely been paying attention.

I have been paying attention... To nothing of any relevance happening for 28 days followed by flavor text and a  promise of future actions on the supposed d day. I just think it was a lackluster effort over all.
The Seraphen Family is a tarnished remnant of the Leafwalker Family, seeking it's own shine.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #272: March 03, 2014, 05:06:20 PM »
I have been paying attention... To nothing of any relevance happening for 28 days followed by flavor text and a  promise of future actions on the supposed d day. I just think it was a lackluster effort over all.

If you think all this didn't take a lot more effort, you are welcome to write your own BattleMaster clone. Somewhere on the Wiki is an estimate for the amount of effort/time it takes, and after working for about a year on Might & Fealty, even though with BM in my personal history I have most of the concepts ready and could focus on implementing them, that estimate is pretty acurate.

Seraphen Family

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #273: March 03, 2014, 05:09:46 PM »
If you think all this didn't take a lot more effort, you are welcome to write your own BattleMaster clone. Somewhere on the Wiki is an estimate for the amount of effort/time it takes, and after working for about a year on Might & Fealty, even though with BM in my personal history I have most of the concepts ready and could focus on implementing them, that estimate is pretty acurate.

Please don't mistake me. I know you all work hard. I just feel that if you go through the trouble of having a d-day. something should actually physically happen on that day. Regions should fall, something bad and terrible and tragic should happen. Just my opinion really.
The Seraphen Family is a tarnished remnant of the Leafwalker Family, seeking it's own shine.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: March 03, 2014, 05:11:06 PM »
Please don't mistake me. I know you all work hard. I just feel that if you go through the trouble of having a d-day. soothing should  actually physically happen on that day.

Seraphen, it seems very likely to me that you don't actually have any characters on the East Continent, Atamara, or the Far East Island. If you did, you'd see that some serious !@#$ actually happened on March 1st.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Seraphen Family

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: March 03, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »
Seraphen, it seems very likely to me that you don't actually have any characters on the East Continent, Atamara, or the Far East Island. If you did, you'd see that some serious !@#$ actually happened on March 1st.

both my characters in Atamara are walking through Yule right now. a very small undead unit poped up in outer tell. Yes I know eventually the iceberg will come and wipe the regions out.. but its not march 1st anymore. so d day was more like learn whats going to happen some day soon day.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: March 03, 2014, 05:14:42 PM »
both my characters in Atamara are walking through Yule right now. a very small undead unit poped up in outer tell. Yes I know eventually the iceberg will come and wipe the regions out.. but its not march 1st anymore. so d day was more like learn whats going to happen some day soon day.

...which was exactly what was promised.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #277: March 03, 2014, 05:15:49 PM »

Why not Dwilight? I don't get why it was treated differently?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: March 03, 2014, 05:16:59 PM »
Why not Dwilight? I don't get why it was treated differently?

Because Dwilight is different in many ways. The two most salient are its history—the western half of the continent was entirely owned by monsters for some time—and its design, with only a few chokepoints necessary to keep the monsters bottled up.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #279: March 03, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
Because Dwilight is different in many ways. The two most salient are its history—the western half of the continent was entirely owned by monsters for some time—and its design, with only a few chokepoints necessary to keep the monsters bottled up.

So the lands will remain there... just monster-filled? Really?

At least the freezing only sucks for those who get removed. This also sucks for the survivors...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #280: March 03, 2014, 05:25:57 PM »
So the lands will remain there... just monster-filled? Really?

At least the freezing only sucks for those who get removed. This also sucks for the survivors...

How does this suck worse than having the western half fall off into the sea?

I did mention that I was stopping the monsters at bottlenecks. They won't be just spawning massively in the west and then rampaging free across the east.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #281: March 03, 2014, 05:33:05 PM »
How does this suck worse than having the western half fall off into the sea?

I did mention that I was stopping the monsters at bottlenecks. They won't be just spawning massively in the west and then rampaging free across the east.

"Bottlenecks" wasn't clear. I understood it as simply implying that since there are already narrow chokepoints, it was no big deal that big hordes would be roaming around.

I do wonder how long the West will have to agonize, though, before we can move on with it. And how much the process will eat up the continent's already non-existing food reserves and food supply.

Roran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #282: March 03, 2014, 06:02:09 PM »
Sorry for the off-topic note, but reading this is like a constant -1 +1 trust in humanity button.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: March 03, 2014, 06:12:57 PM »
Hi.

The first thing i did this morning after noticing the event was this:
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Now after couple of coffees and colder head (also after picking up my desk) i realized that ranting on all of it is useless, everything, everyone on this discussion is right, everyone defends their point of view, Devs needed to act, players (including me) are concerned about their realms.

I am REALLY quite angry about the poll thing, if i knew i would have gotten rid of Sirion, Avamar & Erick with Ice until the invention of the Icebreaker, sadly too bad. But what is done is done, we have to live with it or pack up, the Devs have been working hard is not fair for them either, and as a player driven game, is up to us to do something.

SO..... I´m going to take this into a IC approach:

Now to those realms that are being menaced by ice (Ie: Eponllyn) the game have turned into a Survive or Die situation, most would think on abandoning and joining peacefully another realm, but others have to fight their way to survival, this one if what i like more.

We are still not sure on how many months will take for Ice Age to engulf a region, but as the same time you lose a region to ice, you need to get a new one, so here comes my questions to the devs.

• Q1: will the players get an estimate of how much time a region have to be lost to the ice.?
  • Q2: Does the migrating realm have a bonus on Take over? not by convincing people, but by mass population migration. Remember we need land for our own we don't care for those we conquer.
  • Q3: In the case of the Capital City, is possible to move the capital to the front of war without penalty?
  • Q4: Any penalty to the realms losing the region to Ice?
  • Q5: There will be any estimation on the duration of this event, or we should take/move to regions like no tomorrow?

There could be more, but i think that depending of the factors, this could be either bad or worse, i am sure like me there are others that are worried of being set into a "Wall or Sword" situation. You see the pill is easier to take if is sweet.

These are my worries as for now....later!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:16:48 PM by Sonya »

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: March 03, 2014, 06:14:56 PM »
I am loving the event message today for Dwilight, especially the second part.  ;D

Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.