Author Topic: T Minus 28 Days  (Read 108223 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: T Minus 28 Days
« Reply #345: March 04, 2014, 08:47:34 PM »
I can build another cities  8)
My characters are excellent Dukes and Margraves, after all :)

Nope...you can inherit another city. Big difference   :(

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: March 04, 2014, 09:08:21 PM »
Then you don't know my characters and how they rebuild the cities they inherit. Otherwise people would hate just Erik, but they hate Avamar in extension. Even Sirion in extension.

Nothing like found Averoth in the old days, but it's always a good challenge even taking a city already populated and "ready". When I began, my dream is to have my first Duke. After that, being Duke in Sirion. Years to achieve. Avamar was already there, but now I have no doubts that the region have his face.

Henrich is younger. He built Itau, he gave siege engines to the hordes to assault Astrum. He will find another city to take.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: March 04, 2014, 09:37:28 PM »
Are there any limits to how many nobles you can ban?

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: March 04, 2014, 09:42:30 PM »
I don't think so, but you will face the same amount of protests. The problem of banish an entire clan (or an entire migration) is that with the right number and support they will kick any Judge by protests.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:44:45 PM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: March 04, 2014, 10:26:12 PM »
I don't think so, but you will face the same amount of protests. The problem of banish an entire clan (or an entire migration) is that with the right number and support they will kick any Judge by protests.

But they'll still be banned, and the ruler can appoint a new judge (if they don't protest him out too); after that a new one will be elected and the ban will have gone into effect (I think) before the elections go through.  But that's if the target realm is hostile and you all go to the same place; imagine if instead of all going to the same place, you had 10 go here, 10 go there, 10 go to another realm.  You could potentially subvert all of them, what fun!
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #350: March 04, 2014, 10:32:31 PM »
Yes... and in theory, you can do it forever.

I can only think about some Total War games when you have the system of hordes, moving until take some lands. After that, if they're crushed, they just do the same again in another weak region. Turmoil and conquerer. Well organized, it can shake entire continents.
Serpentis again!

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: March 04, 2014, 11:09:20 PM »
Thats why the old: "Migrate -> be silent-> be nice-> start a plot-> get troops->Station on Capital-> Rebel" always works. 10-15 nobles doing this can take any realm by surprise.

But i like more the "Marching and Taking" approach more. 8) Still must heard about the Moving Capital Rules for this case.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: March 04, 2014, 11:26:04 PM »
No one will receive a horde of immigrants with good eyes. We will have to find a way to surpass the "be silent" and "be nice" in some cases.
Serpentis again!

Eirikr

« Reply #353: March 05, 2014, 01:51:59 AM »
No one will receive a horde of immigrants with good eyes. We will have to find a way to surpass the "be silent" and "be nice" in some cases.

I like my immigrants like I like my bats: Blind.

Though I'm guessing you meant to say that the current citizens/nobility would have to be blind not to notice an influx of immigrants... In which case, you're right.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354: March 05, 2014, 01:08:24 PM »
Thats why the old: "Migrate -> be silent-> be nice-> start a plot-> get troops->Station on Capital-> Rebel" always works. 10-15 nobles doing this can take any realm by surprise.
It's also extremely lame.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #355: March 05, 2014, 01:45:59 PM »
It's also extremely lame.

Yea, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Did we ever see this kind of mass migration before?

The only case, more or less similar, than I can think of is the shutting down of the war islands. And it did precisely that: war island cliques rose up in Dwilight to go form their colonies. If it wasn't for all the free land, they'd have taken over the realms instead.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356: March 05, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »
Did we ever see this kind of mass migration before?
There have been some on FEI when certain realms have been defeated.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #357: March 05, 2014, 06:04:05 PM »
The realms being displaced on Dwilight make up 3 of the top 5 realms in terms of player count, including the #1 and #2 spots.  The East is about to be demolished.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 08:45:27 PM by Graeth »
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: March 05, 2014, 09:04:12 PM »
From the looks of it. Military invasion seems unlikely as monsters will eat up armies that are planning to head to the coast and set sails. Maybe make like a line of regions clear of monsters so western realms armies can travel through safely towards the coast to embark?

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359: March 05, 2014, 09:22:53 PM »
From the looks of it. Military invasion seems unlikely as monsters will eat up armies that are planning to head to the coast and set sails. Maybe make like a line of regions clear of monsters so western realms armies can travel through safely towards the coast to embark?

Its bad enough that our realms are getting crunched - now our sense of achievement must be taken away as well? :P